The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Light L16

darr

@Godfrey
I grew-up for a time in the Cherry Hill and Haddonfield area. My mother was from Audubon and my father was from Ship Bottom originally.
I am heading up that way in a few weeks to visit family and friends. Its a small world!

I also grew up in Topanga California and have more family in California than NJ.
Maybe we have crossed paths before. 😁

Best to you!

Godfrey

I grew up in New Rochelle, NY. Moved around a lot during my late 'teens/early 20s, and then settled into remaining in Middle California just as I turned 30. I lived for a time in Pasadena area, while I worked at NASA/JPL, but moved north again when I went to work for Apple. Been here in the SF Bay Area ever since.

I was in Cherry Hill and Haddonfield for a couple of weeks because my friend and acupressure therapist moved there about 18 years ago after she despaired of ever being able to afford a house of her own here in the Bay Area. After last October's car accident, and the consequent shoulder replacement surgery in December, I wrote her asking if she knew another acupressure therapist here that she'd recommend for my therapy.

"Heck with that! Come visit me for two weeks, stay in my house, and I'll get you set up for some sessions...." I didn't hesitate for one second: Rena is the best. :D

I'd only ever been to Cherry Hill once before ... an old roommate of mine at Fordham University came from there, and I went with him for a weekend's visit to his parents. That was eons ago. But it's a pleasant place, I got to do a lot of walking through the parks and neighborhoods, and went to the Philadelphia for a performance of Carmina Burana at the Philharmonic. The goals of the trip were met, Rena worked her magic on my shoulder and legs, and I'm now feeling like I'm finally 90%+ of the way back to being healed from that cataclysm in October.

Whether we've crossed paths, I dunno. But if you're ever in the San Jose area and have some free time, just let me know and we'll have a meal, a coffee, and a lot of laughs telling stories to each other. :D

onwards, always onwards!
G