The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mini flexible arm for flagging?

guphotography

Hi foiks,

I've been searching for a mini flexible arm to shield light away from the lens, not really found anything that fits the bill.

The plamp is too big, kupo mini flex arm with clip doesn't seem to have decent reviews, ideally I want to mount it in the hot shoe.

Any suggestions? I'll be using it with cambo wrs 1200.

Many thanks!

I use a "Rock Solid Articulating Arm" from Tether Tools and a black sheet metal plate that happens to come from an old barn door kit from a Profoto reflector. But it works with a cardboard board as well, or carbon fiber if you want :)
Sorry for the not so good picture but I do not have the stuff in front of me right now.

Attachments

darr

F0C8D4BF-C62B-4F8E-AC27-C75DD078BA2B.png
(Screen grab image from web)

I use an Ebony Lens Clip with a 4x5 dark slide, which has been out of production for a few years now, but may be available used. A quick search on eBay found this:

guphotography

View attachment 188033
(Screen grab image from web)

I use an Ebony Lens Clip with a 4x5 dark slide, which has been out of production for a few years now, but may be available used. A quick search on eBay found this:

Thank you for the link, that should do the job!

guphotography

I use a "Rock Solid Articulating Arm" from Tether Tools and a black sheet metal plate that happens to come from an old barn door kit from a Profoto reflector. But it works with a cardboard board as well, or carbon fiber if you want :)
Sorry for the not so good picture but I do not have the stuff in front of me right now.

Good to know a quality option, I'll see how the cheaper version fares first :)

guphotography

I use a ‘Flare Buster’. Teamwork stocked them - not sure if they’re still available.
Small rig make this though which is similar:
SMALLRIG Single Shade for DSLRs and Mirrorless Cameras, Lens Shade with Flexible Arm, 360-degree Rotation Carbon Fiber Flag Shade Boards, Flag-mount Lens Hood with Cold Shoe - 3199 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09J12J...t_i_SQAW8D1Z2A2BJD7NSWPV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Cheers Tim.

I got smallrig magic arm in the end, it works great, very sturdy compared to glide gear equivalent. Good to know another solution for future reference.

anyone

Cheers Tim.

I got smallrig magic arm in the end, it works great, very sturdy compared to glide gear equivalent. Good to know another solution for future reference.
Which one of them did you get? They seem to exist in different variations.