The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon Z8

tcdeveau

Lots of complaints about the Z system and the weighty and large lenses :cool: I bought the Z7 when it came out as a package with the 4/24-70. The Z7 with zoom was about the same size as the EM1 with its 2.8/12-40. Not sure about the weight anymore but from memory it was similar. What often gets forgotten: There are really good, relatively small and reasonably priced 1.8 lenses. The equivalent in an APSC system would be f/1.2. If have no plans buy any of the Nikon f/1.2 lenses. Too large for me. I still got three 1.4 lenses from the F legacy: 24/58/105. Yes - not the most modern lenses anymore, but I don't think I will ever sell them.
The 50 and 85 1.8 are pretty good, not sure they get forgotten about, I had both of those as well. the 58 1.4 f I’d love to try sometime, we still still have a D800 we use from time to time. I really liked the 24 1.4 F-mount too but after reviewing some of the Astro pics I took with it, it exhibits a ton of coma with stars wide open, which is my only complaint with it.