The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Post your FISH EYE pictures here...

pegelli

Nice idea Gerard, I have two fish-eyes. My first was a Minolta 16/2.8 for 24x36 mm and the second is the Olympus "lens-cap" 9/8 fixed aperture for M43.
I'm not very good at using the FE type distortion to my advantage so look forward to what everybody brings here and hope it will inspire and help me improve my FE skills.

Here's three I recently (january 2022) took with the Minolta, via a LA-EA4 adapter on a Sony A7ii at Fort de la Chartreuse in Liège, a deserted miltary barracks that is now "semi-open" to the public

Gate

Stairwell and tunnel

Up and down

pegelli

@Rafael, nice series, especially the fourth is very well composed I think.
Question, did you "defish" the second and third shot in that series? They look much straighter than the first and fourth. I sometimes do that with my fish-eye photo's if I want a rectalinear wide angle shot and don't have the right WA lens with me. Obviously the corners become quite weak that way, but especially the Olympus body cap still gives decent results that way. With the Minolta it's less obvious and the corners become really mushy over a larger area so should be cropped or must be unimportant in the final photo

pegelli

Gerard, if you google "Fort de la Chartreuse" you'll find my images are just average examples among the many posted from there, only you don't see too many fish-eye perspectives being published which I find worked rather well there in the cramped space of the staircase.

Here's another example with the Oly 9/8 on an EP-3

Street art in Eindhoven:

Same but "defished"

I think in this case I like the fishy version better :)

f6cvalkyrie

@Rafael, nice series, especially the fourth is very well composed I think.
Question, did you "defish" the second and third shot in that series? They look much straighter than the first and fourth. I sometimes do that with my fish-eye photo's if I want a rectalinear wide angle shot and don't have the right WA lens with me. Obviously the corners become quite weak that way, but especially the Olympus body cap still gives decent results that way. With the Minolta it's less obvious and the corners become really mushy over a larger area so should be cropped or must be unimportant in the final photo
Thank you, Pieter, for your nice comment ! Indeed, the shots 2 and 3 were "defished" in LR ...
Have a nice day,
Rafael