The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Under Evaluation!

olafphoto

Administrator
Staff member
We are currently reevaluating this section of the website as it creates too many conflicts and it is NOT related to photography! I personally don't see the point of this section. There are plenty of political and social forums where such topics could be discussed. We don't have enough staff to police such conversations on daily basis. Please look to my major update coming this week.

Duff photographer

We are currently reevaluating this section of the website as it creates too many conflicts and it is NOT related to photography! I personally don't see the point of this section. There are plenty of political and social forums where such topics could be discussed. We don't have enough staff to police such conversations on daily basis. Please look to my major update coming this week.
There is some photographic content that can't be fitted into other forums so it ends up in the 'Sunset Bar (anything goes)'.

If you wish to remove the Sunset Bar, I would suggest setting up another forum that is a catch-all for miscellaneous photography related matters that can't easily be categorised.

Maybe, possibly. :)

Cheers,
Duff.

Knorp

To me it seems a little shortsighted thinking closing this section will prevent “too many conflicts”.
I mean how many more conflicts arose in this particular section compared to other sections ?
Of course “Anything Goes” should be replaced with something like “Anything Goes but don’t start a Fight”.
I’d say just remove the inappropriate threads (similar to inappropriate comments) as they can emerge anywhere in any section.

Just my two f

Tim

I’d say just remove the inappropriate threads (similar to inappropriate comments) as they can emerge anywhere in any section.

Just my two f
The problem then is, all comments are subject to the moderators view of everything.
I understand that its someone else's place but you can end up with filtered commentary.
Free speech loses.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I've seen heavier verbal abuse during discussion around certain cameras than about the war in Ukraine.

Oh, and yes, I'm guilty as charged.