The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

570 Megapixel digital camera!

proenca

I would love to see the email to Eclipse asking which sensor swab to use...

4 gallons of fluid and couple of mops ? :)

Don Libby

Been looking for the right strap for it as well as a L bracket. Kirk and RRS both say they'd made one if enough people contact them.

T

tokengirl

How much RAM would I have to install in my iMac? I am guessing my current 4Gb is probably not enough?

Stuart Richardson

I am kind of surprised it is only 570 megapixels actually...that is only 10 times the resolution of the current consumer state of the art. I would guess that the 570mp number is actually a lot lower than what its comparative resolution is....

Calling Jim Collum. Calling Jim Collum. Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to find a Petzval with an image circle large enough to shoot a billboard for Grand Central Station. Digitars need not apply!

Lars

How much RAM would I have to install in my iMac? I am guessing my current 4Gb is probably not enough?
Actually there's a serious answer to that... My drum scans of 8x10 film are 320 Mpix and I'm doing OK with 6 gigs, so I guess with 12-16 GB you should be OK. (You might need something with a bit more oomph than an iMac though.)