The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Need advice before make an investment

celina20

First of all I've asked this same questions on another forum in this site. But your answers can help me from another perspective.

Need your advice please. This image was taken with Sinar x/180 Sinaron DB/Sinar 54M DB. Nik Silver Efex Pro was used to convert to B&W. Just three questions :

1) Do I expect to have the same range of tones printing it with an Epson Pro inkjet printer or sending it to Digital Silver Imaging ? Just to have an idea, I dont think I will print this image in particular.

2) Will I have better results taking the pic in B&W, scan it with a good scanner ( i.e. Imacon ) and then print whith either of the above mention alternatives ?

3) Do I need to buy "Digital " large format lenses to obtain better quality with this gear ? I have Sinaron 240mm DB, Super Symmar 210 and Sinaron 90 6.8

Why am I asking this ? Because is too expensive for me to buy a Tech camera to use with my 54M. I have Ebony 45SU and Sinar x and if the quality of the prints are good I can use wide angle lenses without the crop factor of the sensor and dont need to invest in more expensive lenses.

I am not a pro , only an entusiast amateur and I will not have to sell my prints.

Thanks a lot

Luis

Last edited:

carstenw

I think you can get very high-quality results with either digital or film. I cannot answer your lens questions, but... Sinar 45SU? Ebony?