The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Linhof Master Technika vs. Chamonix 45N-2 vs. Ebony ?

jeffvk

Congrats. If it's good enough for John Sexton, Bruce Barnbaum, and Don Kirby, I'm sure it will work for you. If not, send it to me.

Jeff

carstenw

There is an Ebony RW45 being sold in the B&S forum right now, and I am wondering how this camera slipped under my radar, being a nicely capable field camera with a very reasonable price tag, especially for the Mahogany version.

Does anyone have any experience with this camera?

Lars

The back of the RW45 has no rise function, so it's less than ideal - but by no means unusable. You're just a bit limited when working with extreme wideangles, since front tilt requires front drop or rear rise to center the film in the image circle. Still, it has 20 degrees rear tilt which will cover all but very extreme movements with a 90.

carstenw

This camera costs about the same new as my Master Technika does used, so if I ever decide not swap out, I guess it will be a strong contender.