The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IR Pano via Betterlight and Ebony SV 4x5

JimCollum

Hasn't been much going on in the LF area..

Here's a shot from Fort Ord.. slowly being demolished to put shopping malls and condos up

D

DougDolde

Thats pretty wild Jim. Bet you could print it life-size.

V

Vivek

Jim, Nice image captured in good light (overcast skies?).

How sensitive is the Betterlight scan back to IR relative to visible? Thanks.

JimCollum

Jim, Nice image captured in good light (overcast skies?).

How sensitive is the Betterlight scan back to IR relative to visible? Thanks.
I'm not sure if there's a measurment.. but very is what the impression is.. There's no IR block filter (or AA) in front of the sensor array. you need to put one in front of the lens (or behind) to get visible light only.

.. and yes.. overcast skies.. i rarely take a camera out if the sun's out :)

Terry

Hi Jim,
Love the tree bursting out of the pavement and it is huge giving a great sense of time. Interesting with the IR and the color layers and at what point do you do the stitch?

JimCollum

Hi Jim,
Love the tree bursting out of the pavement and it is huge giving a great sense of time. Interesting with the IR and the color layers and at what point do you do the stitch?
This is shot with the Betterlight scanning back and the pano adapter. There's no stitch. it's shot as one continuous scan. Also, there's no blending done.. the Betterlight sensor captures both visible and IR light at the same time

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hey, I took one there too! (Only mine is in color :) ) The original file is a 2.8 GIG tiff and is almost 18,000 pixels wide(!) -- so this has been downsampled significantly :D

D

Digital Dude

Hasn't been much going on in the LF area..

Here's a shot from Fort Ord.. slowly being demolished to put shopping malls and condos up
Unbelievable! Before even reading the caption I recognized the content of the photos!!! I was stationed there in 1971 and later after Vietnam. I recall discussions of closing the base as far back as 1978 but it was determined that it would be an environmental nightmare to remove all the ordnance from the ground. Anyway, I now feel very old and in need of therapy. BTW: The washed out coloration in the original photo says a lot about the subject history.
Regards.:bugeyes:

Last edited:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Jim,
I have been eyeing that back, but I fear that my LF days are over especially since most of my pictures are taken during long walks these days. I should plan out some forays by auto some day to justify carrying larger caliber gear :)
-bob

jlm

Workshop Member
you guys are further motivating me to shoot some more in the Navy Yard...keep tuned in the CFV back thread

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
John, your Navy yard CFV images are stunning! Definitely folks, if you don't wander over to the MF section on a regular basis, now may be a good time to do so -- John put up a phenomenal series!

woodyspedden

John, your Navy yard CFV images are stunning! Definitely folks, if you don't wander over to the MF section on a regular basis, now may be a good time to do so -- John put up a phenomenal series!
could not agree more. Makes me hope I can shoot something of value with my new CFV back. Certainly the technology won't be the limiting factor.

Woody

fotografz

Hey, I took one there too! (Only mine is in color :) ) The original file is a 2.8 GIG tiff and is almost 18,000 pixels wide(!) -- so this has been downsampled significantly :D

Jack, how in the heck do you post such a wide shot in a thread? I though 900 pixels was the limit.

David K

Workshop Member
Great shots of the army base guys. It does bring back a lot of memories. I remember knocking over a barracks backing up a tractor trailer back in the day. Luckily nobody was inside :)

Clawery

JimCollum

so how was this accomplished? (removal of the IR cut filter?), and is this something that will be offered to owners of P45's?

Sorry for the delay of posting here, but Doug Peterson and I were both testing the P45+ IR. Here is one of Doug's images he shot in Miami. Lance Schad or I can give you more information on it if you like.

http://captureintegration.com/category/news/

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
[email protected]
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer of the Year

877-217-9870 | National Atlanta / Miami
404-234-5195 | Cell

JimCollum

... i've been very impressed with the speed and involvement that both Sinar and Phase seem to give on this (and other )forums.

I really love the Leaf back i have.. , and any question I've asked Steve have been answered quickly... but the feeling i've always had, is that corporate support from Leaf isn't forthcoming. I've seen some responses in Luminous Landscape.. but they're typically directed at the big commercial players. Any email directly to Leaf people internally seems to either disappear, or take forever to get very short, curt and sparse responses.

I'm sure there are other Leaf users out there, but there's very little feel of a 'community' anywhere (the Leaf forum is about as dead as one can be)

'lonely in Santa Cruz',

jim

Sorry for the delay of posting here, but Doug Peterson and I were both testing the P45+ IR. Here is one of Doug's images he shot in Miami. Lance Schad or I can give you more information on it if you like.

http://captureintegration.com/category/news/

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
[email protected]
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer of the Year

877-217-9870 | National Atlanta / Miami
404-234-5195 | Cell