The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Question about Kodak Readyload Holder

Sharokin

Anyone know if there are more than one version of this holder?
If the answer is yes, will any of the readyload film be usable in both holders?

Thanks!

R

richard.L

there was an upgrade, for reliability, to the holder just about 6 months before Kodak discontinued readyload film... AFAI recall. That is the one I bought.

I use it as a paper weight.

IIRC, there were at least two versions, and the second version can handle both Kodak Readyloads and Fuji Quickloads- I have used mine solely with Quickloads for several years without any issues.

Oren Grad

There were at least three variants of the holder, and the film packets were changed from two sheets to one sheet to improve reliability. I *think* they're all safely interchangeable, but I wouldn't swear to it.

If you're looking to buy new film, it's moot because all films in Readyload have been discontinued. If you have some old film you want to use, you might try posting a query on the LF forum to get a clear answer.

B&H still has the Fuji 160S available in QL.

And if there were more than 2 versions, not sure exactly which one became QL-compatible, whether 2 or 3, but I have a newer one which is compatible.

Remaining stock only. As of now Fuji has no plans to import the replacement product, 160NS, to the US.
Yes, I guess we'll have to copy the Aussie pattern of us getting together for bulk buys from Robert White et al, instead of them doing it with Freestyle and B&H :)

epatsellis

there was an upgrade, for reliability, to the holder just about 6 months before Kodak discontinued readyload film... AFAI recall. That is the one I bought.

I use it as a paper weight.
Richard,
would you consider selling your paperweight, I have several boxes of film, err, I mean paper, that would work well holding it down instead of my crappy, tired 545 holder.

R

richard.L

epatsellis:

sorry for time lag... I spend much more time out among the atoms, than with the electrons.

I too have Polaroid holders. They all live in harmony on a shelf in a sunny studio. I'd never think of breaking up the litter.
If you are in the Dallas area and would like to "borrow" the Kodak, message me.

H@LL, I can barely part with photographs, let alone the mementos of their birth, so, nope, not for sale.

richard.laughlin

Sharokin

I shot a couple of sheets of the Kodak readyloads in my Polaroid 545i and dropped them off at A&I lab here in LA.
Looking forward to seeing the results.