The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

72mm super angulon XL on my Linhof technika iii v. 5?

• Thread starter ministryofhealing
  • Start date
M

ministryofhealing

Hello,

I really would like some advice on a specific lens camera combo. Can I use the 72mm super angulon XL on my Linhof technika iii v. 5?

And also, will it be able to shoot vertical panos using this setup with a 6x17 back?

Thank you!

James

Shashin

What are the flange specs for the lens and what is the minimum flange distance for the camera? Can you mount it in a recessed lens board? These are the question you need to ask to figure this out. If you are wanting movement, you may need a bag bellows for your camera.

You will need to find out how far the 6x17 back is from your camera back and how close the front standard can get to the back. If you know the flange distance of your lens, you will know if it can reach infinity focus. I suspect the 6x17 back will add too much space.

Shashin

BTW, are you planning on getting a center filter for the 72mm? It will be helpful for 4x5 and required for 6x17.

Lars

I tried my Chinese Dayi 6x17 back on a friend's Technikardan 45 - didn't work, the rear standard got in the way. Is that the kind of 6x17 back you intend to use?

M

ministryofhealing

Yes. exactly, thanks Lars. I decided to use an 8x10 instead and use a film splitting slide to shoot 4x10's, along with 8x10's of course.