The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Graflex XLSW + MFDB?

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Try Keith @ Kapture Group, I believe he has sliding backs available with the Graklok interface.

I also think Toyo used to make one as well.

We also sell the Mamiya/Leaf version that is just a live-view adapter (not sliding).

Hope this helps.

Lance

lowep

thanks for these leads :thumbup:

Following this up I have found out "The Kapture Group 2 position STITCHING Adapter can be mounted to just about any view camera" and one for mounting for example Hassleblad V mount digital back on Arca Swiss 6x9 is for sale here for $1,999USD (reduced from $3,369)

So far the only Toyo adapter I can find is for mounting on Toyo 4x5 not 6x9 cameras but I may be looking in the wrong direction.

Linhof makes a "rapid slide changer" for mounting MFDB on the LINHOF M 679cs that can be bought here for about $2000 not including the adapter plate for your particular MFDB. Silvestri also has a similar offering. Probably Arca Swiss has one too.

That leaves the live-view adapter if your MFDB has this feature that mine does not.

Fortunately film is still available :)

Last edited:

lowep

Goods news is Graflex made a 4x5 XL Graflok adapter that enables this camera to take anything that goes on a Graflok 4x5 back and it is much easier to find a sliding adapter for 4x5 than 2x3 cameras :)

Bad news is the 4x5 XL Graflok adapter is rare as hen's teeth :-(

back to the drawing board....

Oren Grad

Probably a long shot, but you might look into whether Toyo's sliding adapters for the VX23D use a baby-Graflok fitting that would be compatible with the XLSW.

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Here is another solution for Graflock. It is very inexpensive. I do not have direct experience with it, but I do have one client who purchased one and he said build quality and pretty good and it works...

Here

Let us know if you go down this road...

Lance

SergeiR

Here is another solution for Graflock. It is very inexpensive. I do not have direct experience with it, but I do have one client who purchased one and he said build quality and pretty good and it works...
Its a lot of FUN.... I have bought it too.

Doesnt allow for full range of motion b/c you will catch up light from that view adapter. You would think blocking it will solve issue? (after all one might have some dark plastic to spare.. Fotodiox would be far too cheap to give you one) You will be almost right. Its still allow to light go.. UNDER it.. so you getting 6x9 at best out from it, if very careful.

Also if you handy - you can reorient it vertically - to squeeze out a bit more from rectangular 645... hence 6x9... Of course you loose limiting bolt in corner.

Ah and also its made to some awkward thickness specs, so in order for this back to fit on precise camera like Linhof - you will have to spend some time with dremmel...

Of course once sold - fotodiox will not even talk to customer. I sent quite a lot emails to them. Before sale - they answered quite fast. After that - ignored me completely.