The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Fun with Large Format Film Images!

JimCollum

Jim Galli (The Master Of Menisci) had a good thread about it over at Large Format Forum here

I'm not sure why they'd display differently.. i'm using the same links in both threads as the source. I suspect it may actually be the gray background that gives the impression.

Interesting, what is a miniscus lens? Is it just me or do these images look different than the ones posted on the LF forums? Same images obviously but they look different. Perhaps its the gray background on getdpi, but I don't think so.

rob

Lloyd

Great stuff, Matto. Amazing dynamic range in that last one. No matter the format, or the medium, you've got this derelict stuff nailed!:clap::clap::clap:

Lloyd

Birmingham sounds nice right now. I could use some warm weather.

This last one is really great. The paint chips on the mattress give and amazing texture. Love the use of a more shallow DOF here too. Nice. :thumbup:

How's the running going? Are you getting those issues worked out?

S

skrystos

First photo from graflex crown graphic on efke iso 25. Developed in jobo processor rodinal 1+50. Film was overexposed but I like this picture ;)

Lloyd

Skrystos: That truly is a beautiful image. I love the water especially, very dreamlike. Nicely done.

S

skrystos

Thx for your opinion :) Know I want to buy tmax 100 to do some portraits somwere in the forest. I will show you what I've got as soon as possible ;)

A

Alexander DeVoe

Attached is one of my first semi-successful attempts at large format. I'm still getting the focusing process nailed, as its pretty damn hard in the dark.

This was with a Sinar F1 and Schneider Kreuznach 210 f/5.6. I believe exposure was at 30 minutes at f/18 on FP4+.

Still need to do a full res scan, this was just a trial run at 1200dpi. Processed in PS and Split-Toned in Nik SilverFx.

A

Alexander DeVoe

Here's another I decided to throw up as well.

Same info as the last one, but exposure is 55 minutes here. That was a long cold Wisconsin night... ha.

-Alex

routlaw

Cool, love the phone off the hook, just makes the picture. Did you get a good nights sleep here? :ROTFL: Where the heck is this?

Rob

viablex1

hey thanks , actually pretty proud of myself , first time I actually used film holders and loaded, unloaded film etc,

it is in Birmingham, if you are ever around I can get us in there to shoot!!!

Matto

routlaw

hey thanks , actually pretty proud of myself , first time I actually used film holders and loaded, unloaded film etc,

it is in Birmingham, if you are ever around I can get us in there to shoot!!!

Matto
Yeah once you get used to it, its a breeze. That would be cool, would love to.

BTW I did get the Ebony the other day. Been to sick with the flu to go out and play it though. Snowing to beat the band right now anyway. Keep 'em coming.

rob