The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Fun with Large Format Film Images!

thrice

The portrait was shot with the 135mm f/3.5 Zeiss Planar, wide open, purely natural light in a dim hotel room. That one was shot on Kodak Portra 400, all the others Ektar 100 with the Nikkor-SW 75/4.5. The one with the dark corners was accidentally shot wide open (5 stop overexposed!) on the Nikkor, and was one of my first ever LF shots, looks like the standards weren't squared so there was some unintentional shift. The Ektar handled the excess light well, either that or I would normally have horribly underexposed the image.

All shot on my Ebony 45s.

The colours are off on a couple, I am still getting used to Silverfast 8. I figured the bigger image size is befitting the larger negative, if anyone would prefer I toned it down I will re-upload at a smaller size.

routlaw

Daniel you are off to a good start with these first two sets. Keep up the good work and don't worry about the small mistakes we all make them. Your experimental nature is to be admired. The urban landscapes thus far are my favorites, but the hotel room portrait is nice too.

Rob

viablex1

have to agree you have some very pleasing images makes me want to go out at night and shoot!!!

where do you have your color stuff developed?

thrice

where do you have your color stuff developed?
In my laundry. I have a Jobo CPE2+ and honestly it is super easier, way easier than shooting in the first place. I followed Tim Parkin's E6 developing videos on youtube and adapting to C41 was a piece of cake.

JCT

In my laundry. I have a Jobo CPE2+ and honestly it is super easier, way easier than shooting in the first place.
This cracked me up -- so true. What C41 chemicals have you been using? I'm about to try the Rollei chems.

Beautiful work, Daniel -- I have also found the Ektar 100 to be a very flexible film (has saved my a$$ multiple times).

JT

thrice

Thanks viablex1, and JT :)

I'm using Tetenal 2-bath for C41 and Fuji Hunt 3-bath for E6 (this was a massive pain in the *** to acquire!).

Here are some more Velvia 50 shots, taken with my Ebony 45s and Nikkor-SW 75/4.5

One day I'll own a scanner that can actually see into the shadows on my Velvia trannies.

Professional

I hope to shoot LF soon this year when the temp goes down in my country, then i will post here, and i am also in the same dream, i hope/wish to have a drum scanner, one day, why they discontinued those scanner from productions, they should at least produce one, not asking for many brands.

thrice

Thankyou Viablex! That shot has fantastic contrast and clarity! It really pops. I enjoy the geometry.

Excellent use of movements Sergei! definitely directs the viewer to the subject.

Here are some more 4x5" shots from me.
All Ebony 45s and Nikkor-SW 75/4.5.

Velvia 100:

^^ Note the kangaroo prints in the top left corner :)

Velvia 50:

Provia 100F:

Lloyd

Terrific set Daniel. That second shot is simply astonishing!! Very kewl to see the kangaroo prints. Don't know why but it never occurred to me that they would be anywhere near a beach.