The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Fun with Large Format Film Images!

Lars

Tareq,

If you have the budget, Aztek in California still makes drum scanners. They are also a good source for refurbished scanners.

http://www.aztek.com/
http://www.aztek.com/premier.html

-Lars

I hope to shoot LF soon this year when the temp goes down in my country, then i will post here, and i am also in the same dream, i hope/wish to have a drum scanner, one day, why they discontinued those scanner from productions, they should at least produce one, not asking for many brands.

Professional

Tareq,

If you have the budget, Aztek in California still makes drum scanners. They are also a good source for refurbished scanners.

http://www.aztek.com/
http://www.aztek.com/premier.html

-Lars
Lars, thanks!

But, i checked their website, didn't find something, before i had a website that they put list of some drum scanners of different brands with prices but i lost that website and can't find it, but if you said that they still have some refurb or used drum scanner with Aztek then i should give them a call, the issue will be the budget but hope i will have the budget later when i can.

Lars

Lars, thanks!

But, i checked their website, didn't find something, before i had a website that they put list of some drum scanners of different brands with prices but i lost that website and can't find it, but if you said that they still have some refurb or used drum scanner with Aztek then i should give them a call, the issue will be the budget but hope i will have the budget later when i can.
Perhaps Aztek stopped selling refurbished scanners, I am not sure. Drop them an email.

I got my Howtek 4500 dirt cheap on ebay from Canada for $900 + $600 shipping to California, then dropped it off at Aztek for overhaul, for another $1400 or so. Perhaps that could be a way for you to go too, find a used Howtek, ship it directly to Aztek and let them bring it up to standards, then ship it to you.

I'm not sure in what part of the world you are residing, but if you are not in North America then servicing a drum scanner might be difficult. There might be someone in Europe who does that.

Actually, I would recommend that you look into used high-end flatbed scanners as well, such as Creo Scitex Eversmart. Here is one listing:
http://www.machineseeker.com/A498348/flatbedscaner-Creo-Scitex-Eversmart-Pro.html
Wetmounting is much easier on a flatbed than on a drum, and scan results on those scanners is almost as good as on a drum scanner.

fotografz

Mama Mia! What a wonderfull photograph.

I forgot just how beautiful LF film can be.

Thanks for posting this,

-Marc

fotografz

Thanks Lloyd and Matt. Yeah this particular forum doesn't get much attention these days. LF in general doesn't for that matter. Its a different photographic world.

Rob
From the looks of many of these shots it's a shame it isn't followed by more folks. Absolutely beautiful work.

Probably a good thing though, it might make a lot of us with $50K+ digital rigs poop our pants ... and turn green with envy :ROTFL:

The best I can do is fire up my good old RZ and pump some film through it. Thanks for the inspiration.

-Marc

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Matto, I always enjoy your photos. Large format really suits your vision. I like the double exposure a lot, too.

Daniel, I really like your cityscapes and the photos of the beautiful lady.

Sergei, Your black and white is magic.

thrice

That is great :) your hanging clips seem a little rough to the transparency in the corners though :(

Velvia 100 is a great film isn't it?

Mr.Gale

Thanks for the nice comments. Now I need to remember lower the saturation before I post, going from ProPhoto to sRGB the image gets a little too lively.

Gale

Shelby Frisch

Subscriber Member
Morning Walk and Tea Garden

I'd say +1 for the many wonderful pictures in this thread. I still like large format although I haven't shot any for years. Now I'm getting motivated to start again. I don't make a living at photography, its just something I have enjoyed in my spare time over the years. Carrying a big camera and heavy load is becoming a bit dicey for me these days as I seem to have aged a bit.

Here are a couple of shots I took many years ago. the first is with a 4x5 press camera with the a 180mm f6.8 Goerz Dagor. I was out walking with it after a snow storm, and this woman was cross country skiing up the hill toward me. This was probably around 1975

The second was with an 8x10 monorail camera with the same Goerz lens. It was taken at the University of Washington arboretum Japanese Tea Garden. It must have been around 1965 or so.

Shelby