The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Fun with Large Format Film Images!

downstairs

I wish there were more posts here. A 5x7 Ektachrome from a Technika for some heart-condition pills. Coloured chalk on the balustrade, coloured gels on the background.

Double Dutch ...

Douglas Benton

Speed Graphic 4x5. This is my first attempt at wet plate. I've cleaned this up quite a bit and worked with contrast and color. This is a mess but there are some things that I really like.

Doug

downstairs

Nice portrait!. Perhaps the the old oval frames (or passpartout) for wet plate prints were supposed to cover the peeling corners?

Douglas Benton

Nice portrait!. Perhaps the the old oval frames (or passpartout) for wet plate prints were supposed to cover the peeling corners?
Thanks,
This is certainly not a good example of a technically well done plate. It's a mess. I have been told that something on the holder contaminated the plate.
Using some albumen along the edges has helped quite a bit.

Still, there is a lot I like about it anyway.
Doug

proenca

guys, keep this thread alive.

for "small format guys" like me ( heck I'm 35mm and now entering the domain of MF soon I hope ) these pictures are striking : the tonality and 3D"iness" of your images just pop out.

Wonderfull images in this thread ( bored at work, scan this post from #1 and its a joy ) , keep them comming !

Y Sol

This Polaroid shot I made in may last year on a German island.
I still have some Polaroid 665 in stock:)
Camera was Polaroid 600SE with 75mm lens, scanned with Epson V700
Ydo

Last edited:
B

bracan

Polaroid 809 exposed on 50 iso, Expired Jun 2006. Taken with Sinar P 8x10 and Rodenstock 300mm f5,6 Sironar on F5,6.

Lloyd

Beautiful photograph, Sergei.

(I have to admit, and I must be getting old, but I can't get my head around such a beautiful woman wanting to put a ring in her nose, and those hideous tattoos on her chest! And I have tattoos myself!!! I just don't get it.)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

(I have to admit, and I must be getting old, but I can't get my head around such a beautiful woman wanting to put a ring in her nose, and those hideous tattoos on her chest! And I have tattoos myself!!! I just don't get it.)
+1 Great lighting and contrast

SergeiR

As of tatoos.. Sometime its hard for me to get them as well. After all i did grow up in society where only two kinds of people had them - sailors and convicts. But it is sometime look really nice and organic (sometime not), and as someone who spent early years as painter - i cant help but enjoy looking at them.

Shashin

I just ran across this old street shoot taken in Tokyo with a 4x5 Wista VX technical camera--great camera BTW. I was just having some fun and looking into the practicality of shooting street with sheet film. It was not that bad, but lugging the sheet film holders and changing bag around all the time was a pain and did not result in six-pack abs. I believe the film was TMax.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member

:OT: Heck, Lloyd, can't believe you just said that. Sorta thing could get us chaps a bad name. Still, you did put it down to old age.

I don't know, give these chicks the vote and they end up wanting to do all the things we do.

Who knows, they'll be wanting to run marathons and countries next ;)

Best wishes,

Gandolfi.

p.s. Bet I'm older than you!!

Lloyd

:OT: Heck, Lloyd, can't believe you just said that. Sorta thing could get us chaps a bad name. Still, you did put it down to old age.

I don't know, give these chicks the vote and they end up wanting to do all the things we do.

Who knows, they'll be wanting to run marathons and countries next ;)

Best wishes,

Gandolfi.

p.s. Bet I'm older than you!!
You might be. But some days I feel older than others. :banghead:

I'm the son of an ardent feminist, and am married to another (who happens to be a 10-time Ironman finisher, and an ultra runner, etc.). I also have a daughter-in-law with LOTS of tattoos, and 3 out of 4 sons who have them too. It's not a sexist attitude, it's about beauty for me... I am just an ardent admirer of the female form. But, I wouldn't want paint spilled on The Birth of Venus..

(But maybe I'm just a curmudgeon... What the hell, give them the vote.)