The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Fun with Large Format Film Images!

Lloyd

bracan: Love both of those! Beautiful images, wonderful tonality, superb use of depth of field. Very nice.

Sergei: Beautiful woman, wonderfully captured. Stunning work, as always.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I see the images in this forum and I really do miss my LF kits...

Thanks for sharing, and keep them coming!

Thorkil

Sinar P8x10, Rodenstock 300mm, Ilford HP5+.

that picture just catches the fragility of the models mental presence, with outstanding beauty in her eyes combined med sensual harmony of her mouth but with a strange and peculiar twist of distant absence, and a strange touch of sorrow. Outstanding.
Thorkil

Lloyd

Nice!! I don't miss buying all that LF film, but sometimes I miss the process, and Polaroid was just a big part of it. Lovely image too.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack, you know you want it back ;) Dark side calls you :) If not for commercial stuff then for personal projects..
Exactly -- I do miss the "Zen" of using the view camera and film. It definitely adds an element of art to the resultant image that cannot be replicated digitally. But I do not miss the workflow, even for my personal work...

(Though 8x10 Polaroid was a BLAST!)

Shashin

Just make an 8x10 shift adapter for a MFD back and stitch the the images taken over the image plane. Photoshop will do a good job, although it might take a little time.

thrice

Sergei and Bracan, amazing work you're posting! I love large format portraits :)

Here are a couple of New Zealand shots:

Ebony 45s, Nikkor 75/4.5, Velvia 100F

Ebony 45S, Schneider 110XL, Velvia 100F

Ebony 45S, Schneider 110XL, Kodak E100G

Ebony 45S, Schneider 110XL, Kodak E100G

thrice

Thanks Lloyd :)

This is a bridge I see outside my apartment window, shot with the 300mm Fujinon-T and shifted the rear standard 2.5cm one way then 4cm the other and stitched to make the pano.
There is also a healthy amount of front shift, I would say the coverage of this lens is grossly understated even though it is a telephoto design.
Velvia 100F

Ebony 45s, Schneider 110XL, Kodak E100G

Professional

Hi Jeremy, is that a scan of a print you toned?
Looks pretty interesting, which film and lens?
Add to this which camera body it is, i always respect and prefer those of you who post shots with details of gear, not only put the name of lens without body or name of the body without the lens used or film name missing and so on.

Jeremy

Just a toned digital file right now. Chamonix 4x5 and a Schneider 65mm on expired Ilford FP4+ developed in Pyrocat HD. Here's another from the same trip, same info, different location -- Jim Collum could tell you the name of the park we were in, but I'm drawing a blank.