The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Fun with Large Format Film Images!

JimCollum

Richard, nice!
i'm always there at a much different time (usually minus tide, before the sun rises)

all shot with Betterlight & Ebony 4x5, at the same beach as Richard's

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Richard, nice!
i'm always there at a much different time (usually minus tide, before the sun rises)

These are gorgeous but I like this one the most. Do you use IR cut filter with these pictures?
Thanks for sharing.
Pramote

JimCollum

no polarizer.. I was lucky to have the angle right for this. it was predawn, and I was pretty close to the pond.

as for IR cut.. the Betterlight by default needs an external IR cut filter to capture 'normal' light. the sensor array doesn't have any filtration in front of it. Makes for easy IR shooting, but for regular light, i mount the filter on the inside element.

Richard, nice!

These are gorgeous but I like this one the most. Do you use IR cut filter with these pictures?
Thanks for sharing.
Pramote

JimCollum

a shot from film, rather than Betterlight there (Provia if i recall)

pretty sure is was with the 65mm 4.5 Grandagon

SergeiR

Sergei,

Your lighting and portrait technique would translate to any format to produce first rate photographs. Just absolutely stunning portraits.

Joel
Thank you :) I have quite a bit drifted towards portraits with large format for same reason as Avedon once said. Its not as much about details or ease of focusing or fancy movements (but they all do help) but about fact that with large format camera people actually paying more attention to you - models listen better, they dont jerk as much....

Plus i am always getting that rush of positive adrenaline when film is in processing, you dont really know how well you did.. and then it emerges and you go "OH WOW..." :)

richardman

Jim, if you go to Bean Hallow again and see a black RF75 holder, IT'S MINE

I think in the chaos of trying to move my equipments away from the waves, I lost my holder there :-(

JimCollum

Jim, if you go to Bean Hallow again and see a black RF75 holder, IT'S MINE

I think in the chaos of trying to move my equipments away from the waves, I lost my holder there :-(
Bummer...anyplace there worth shooting is normally a good deal below the waterline. I'll keep an eye out at the Boardwalk beach... Probably a better chance finding it there washed ashore. :(

Fredrick

I just recently saw that the fuji velvia 50 was coming back. Do any of you guys know where I could get my hands on some fresh stock? I want it for the autumn, but the only ones I can find on ebay expires 10/2013, which is a bit too early for me. I need it in 4x5.

bensonga

I happened to be looking thru some of my old 4x5 film images tonight. I don't think I've posted this one here.

Shot it in the summer of 1980 or 1981 with a Cambo 4x5, Rodenstock Sironar 150mm lens and Ilford FP4. Tray developed this one myself, back in the days when I had a full 4x5 darkroom set up in a spare room.

Gary

Nicollet Mall YWCA, Minneapolis, Minnesota