The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Fun with Large Format Film Images!

AlanS

Wow, Thanks Ray! I some times have a hard time lifting my head up to look at the bigger picture, I just love doing this type of intimate scene.

AlanS

It's very quiet here....
Probably Linhof Super Colour Std. 90mm f8 s/angulon and FP4 HC110

richardman

Sam Wo Sam Wo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

is a legendary hole-in-the-wall cheap noodle place in SF Chinatown. The building has 2 floors and it is very narrow. As you walk in Sam Wo, the first floor is the cashier (cash only) with the tiny kitchen in the back and you immediately have to walk upstair.

Food is carried up through a "dumb waiter," and the real waiters (well, at least one of them) were legendary in their rudeness and terseness. The idea is that for $3.50 (when everyone else charges $5 to $8), you get a dang fine bowl of noodles or porridge, so stop yer complaining!

Sadly it was shut down in April 2012 with no sign of returning.
Sam Wo Restaurant

Shashin

I have just been going through some old 4x5 work I did (same as above). Wista VX and 90mm f/8 Fujinon lens. More about what and where this is is on my blog.

bensonga

I'm printing this image tonight as a 'bonus' print for a 13x19 LUG print exchange. It may not look like much in this image, but there is a lot of detail and subtlety of tones in the print. Every time I print one of my 4x5 images I think....I should be shooting large format film more often.

Gary

Last edited:

bensonga

Hi Richard. I'll have those prints in the mail this weekend. The B&W print from this 4x5 image looks better than the 13x19 color print I made from a cropped D7100 image (which I will also be sending you).

I hate to admit it, but this photo was taken 30+ years ago and I probably haven't exposed more than 30-40 sheets of large format film since then. I really admire the people who regularly shoot and contribute current large format work to this thread.

Gary

richardman

My favorite magical place, whenever I need to test a camera, a film, or a lens. This is the place I visit.

Chamonix F1, Acros 100, Xenotar 135/3.5

richardman

I opened the back forgetting to put the dark slide in, so half of the image is ruined, but this half still looks good.

Chamonix 4x5 F1, Acros 100, Xenotar 135

richardman

"Swan Song"

This is from a Cooke Series II from the 1900s. I just got it so there is no shutter yet. I made a cardboard lensboard and use lenscap for a one second exposure. Not bad at all, Acros 100 on a Chamonix F1. Actually, how cool is that? A modern B&W emulsion on a modern 4x5.

Here's the lens. I did blacken the inside of the lensboard.