The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Fun with Large Format Film Images!

richardman

The Cooke Series II is seriously going to be my favorite lens. It's now off to get a proper shutter. This is ~ 1/2 sec exposure done by hand. HP5+ 4x5

Paratom

I know I have a lot to learn but still wanted to share one of my first attemps with wet plate. I took it with a ShenHao 5x7 and an old Voigtlaender Lens.
"Scanned" with my Ipad.

dierk

190 MPix, NEX-6 with Rhinocam on Gandolfi 4x5

click for larger image

1:1 crop (cklick for the real 1:1 crop!)

NEX-6 with Rhinocam on Gandolfi 4x5, 18 images stitched

richardman

Quinceañera in front of the greatest City Hall in US :) Provia 4x5 Fujinon 150mm, F11@16 seconds

("Hi, can you try to hold still for 16 seconds?")

JimCollum

playing around with the Betterlight scanning back for portraits. I had a friend (Robert Hall) make me a head brace (used in yonder years for keeping head steady for long exposure times of Wet Plate work)

Since the quickest exposure for the Betterlight (scan time) is 34 seconds.. figured it would be hard to hold one's head still for that long.

These were tests done of fellow photographers who I get together with each month. They were taken without an IR block filter.. so they're a combination of IR and visible light captures.

Camera was an Ebony sv45te & lens was a 9.5" Veritos.

downstairs

Had trouble loosing links to images on picasaweb when opting-in then out of google+ ( -out because they started face- and geo- tagging my friends). Thing seem to be back to normal for new links now, so here goes with an 8x10 Fomapan in a Shen with a vintage Goerz.