The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The little guy

Lars,

this is SO bad :)

Could you please tell me a little more about how "A Horseman angle viewer was added - the frame was permanently attached to the viewer frame." You don't mean the wooden frame around the ground glass, or do you? If so, does that extra weight/bulk of the viewer stress the setup when you swing the GG out of the way to insert the roll film holder?

In the photo of your kit, is that bag bellows in the top right of the picture, next to the angle viewer, or is it the regular bellows, or...?

Finally, that wooden "box" at the bottom left of the photo- ??

What a cool setup!

Thanks,

Rick

jotloob

Subscriber Member
What a wonderful looking camera .
But I would not dare using it , because I would be afraid , that the screws
will not hold the weight and fall out .:salute:
Who can convince me of the opposite ? ? ?

Lars

Lars,

this is SO bad :)

Could you please tell me a little more about how "A Horseman angle viewer was added - the frame was permanently attached to the viewer frame." You don't mean the wooden frame around the ground glass, or do you? If so, does that extra weight/bulk of the viewer stress the setup when you swing the GG out of the way to insert the roll film holder?

In the photo of your kit, is that bag bellows in the top right of the picture, next to the angle viewer, or is it the regular bellows, or...?

Finally, that wooden "box" at the bottom left of the photo- ??

What a cool setup!

Thanks,

Rick
Let's see... There's no need for a bag bellows as this is a wideangle/short focal length camera by design (46-157 mm). The bellows is permanently attached. The puffy black thing in the pic is a lens bag.

The Horseman Angle Viewer is no longer made, and could be a bit hard to source at this time. It consists of an aluminum frame with groundglass, and a plastic 90 degree hood with funder loupe. It has the same mount as the 6x9 rollfilm holders. I removed the groundglass and mounted the aluminum frame outside the wooden viewer frame, so I had to drill four holes in the ebony wood for my screws. If you look at the lower left of my pics you will see a frame extending at the back of the camera, about 10 mm. That's the frame that the finder hood attaches to.

The wooden box is an extension for the rear standard. You remove the back, attach the extension, then attach the back to the back of the extension. It gives 60 to 90 mm more extesion. I don't use it often, and Ebony no longer sells it for the SW23 series. I think they make it for the SW45 model.

Lars

What a wonderful looking camera .
But I would not dare using it , because I would be afraid , that the screws
will not hold the weight and fall out .:salute:
Who can convince me of the opposite ? ? ?
Six months backpacking in South America with the SW23, twelve months in the Australian outback. :)

Because these cameras are so small (compared to 4x5's) they are quite sturdy.