The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M9 - £4900 in the UK.

L

leica007

Seems like, the price of Leica M9 would be £4900. But obviously I cannot divulge the source of my information.

L

leica007

US price seems to be $7500.

Caveat: according to the source - Pound price is more probable than the US Dollar price. But in all likelyhood it's going to be $7500.

And I think I will wait, rather than jumping into the fray right now.

L

leica007

Leica has received a very good response so far from the dealers.

There will be a shortage in the UK - M9s will be supplied in two lots.
First lot available from Thursday and the Second lot coming in 10 days.

L

leica007

Does 4900 include the 15% VAT? Because if so, then the US equivalent would be more like 6500-6800.
yes, £4900 including 15% VAT.

$6500-6800 is more than welcome. $6800 was my earlier estimation.
but it can well be $7500, which is a bit sad . i won't sink that much for a hobby.
:deadhorse:

beamon

£4900.00 minus 15%VAT = £4165 x today's currency conversion rate = $6823.00.

Not an early adopter type, I'll wait for the supply to catch up with the demand and the possible initial bugs to get worked out, then look for 10% off MSRP and buy it at that!

Stuart Richardson

Well, we'll know in two days...no hurry. The only thing that is sure is that it will cost either a lot of money or an absurd amount of money.

L

leica007

Well, this post has caught the attention of LUF member Essemmlee.

Andy Barton has observed on LUF, ""Seems like", is hardly definitive"

To Andy: if you want, I can get you one for £4900, promise :thumbs:

Yes, the final price might not be 'confirmed' confirmed - but the source is too reliable. Draw whatever inference you would like. But as we also know, "To err is human"

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
It's not the price but I am not going to post it either. Just have to wait for the announcement. Sorry folks I just happen to know to much and am avoiding posting anything

L

leica007

It's not the price but I am not going to post it either. Just have to wait for the announcement.
which one Guy - GBP 4900 or USD 7500 ?

at least tell us which price you think is wrong - GBP or USD one? and I will get back to the 'spying business'. and chase up my sources.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Heck I can get in trouble guys. Yes the black hawks are circling. Two more days but the price is expected let's put it that way. You have two days to rob the banks or get a higher credit limit on your Credit cards. Besides you guys need a little suspense and can't open the last present before the big day.

wolverine

but the price is expected let's put it that way.
I take that to mean the current prices of new lux lenses being so much higher than existing new lenses? If so the estimate discussed may be low? :ROTFL: :bugeyes:

An alternative view. Leica needs to sell camera and lenses to survive. In the point and shoot, auto everything world, not many people have the patience for manual except for the periodic alternative. Pricing has to attract new entrants. We will see.

Last edited:

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
He did say present though. So maybe it'll be a surprise on the lower side. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Kurt