The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M9 - £4900 in the UK.

Christopher

Price will be at 5500EUR inc. 19% German VAT = 6800 US without VAT. I already payed the full amount to my dealer. Hope to get the camera next week ;-)

dseelig

Popflash put up a price of 6995 for the M9 and 1995 for the X1. Are they early and correct or early and wrong. David

iiiNelson

IMHO $1995 just seems nuts for the x1. Makes decision simple.
Agreed... Especially if the lens is fixed. Chop the price in half and it would probably sell. $2000 gets a Sony a850 or any number of other options to include a Micro 4/3 system and a lens or two.

trisberg

IMHO $1995 just seems nuts for the x1. Makes decision simple.
Yep, and add $350 for the finder and I might simply decide to go with a used M8 instead. Just have to scrape together some additional funds for the lens :)

-Thomas

L

leica007

ah, my source in the UK got the USD price wrong. will have to see what happens to the UK price ,which he was surer about - 4900 gbp as of now Monday morning [Leica might in the last moment make it 4800 ]

but my - like many others - guess-estimation was right: as i wrote on GetDpi

"hence, the proportionate speculated price of M9 in the USA = $ 6800 = $7000 rounded or icing on the cake/ keep-your-spouse-happy price = $6999.99 [you get your share of 9s too!]"

is your spouse happy now? i don't have any, so doesn't apply. but i will have to resist the lure for a while.

L

leica007

okay, the tip from my source on the UK price has been found to be almost accurate. £4850 instead of £4900!

may be there was a last minute change in the price - perhaps, a negotiation between Leica and dealers whether to price it 4900 or 4800, and they might have settled for the mean price of £ 4850 .