The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Time to squeeze in one more guess-fest?!?

R

Ranger 9

I know, only a few more hours until the big Leica reveal -- but after that it's going to be a long dry spell with [probably] nothing but Olympus EP-2 rumors over which to gossip... so...

What do you make of this?
[linked from Leicarumors.com]

Anyone care to take a last-minute stab at the "something" they might announce?

Here are a few guesses [and reactions] to get you started...

"Leica is proud to announce that...

"...Annie Leibovitz owes us money." [Pfft. Whom doesn't she owe money?]​

"...the whole M9 thing was a hoax. There is no such camera. The pictures in that leaked brochure were all taken with our new X1 camera -- a compact camera so good its pictures fooled everyone." [That whooshing sound you hear is dealers absconding to the Bahamas with deposit money.]​

"...we have been bought out by Samsung and are cancelling our current products to work on the next generation of NX cameras and camera phones." [That thumping sound you hear is Leica purists throwing themselves off their hotel balconies.]​

Your turn...

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
I prefer to believe it is Nikon rather than Samsung, and not a takeover but a cooperation about 35mm DSLRs :angel:
Imagine "Nikon + Leica" taking up competition with "Sony Alpha + Zeiss" ...
That would make an interesting race for affordable 35mm DSLR cameras combined with magic optics.
Just wishful thinking, I know :rolleyes:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I prefer to believe it is Nikon rather than Samsung, and not a takeover but a cooperation about 35mm DSLRs :angel:
Imagine "Nikon + Leica" taking up competition with "Sony Alpha + Zeiss" ...
That would make an interesting race for affordable 35mm DSLR cameras combined with magic optics.
Just wishful thinking, I know :rolleyes:
I know it's fantasy but Leica glass for the Nikon mount that didn't require stop down metering and worked with the CPU would have me salivating at the dealer's door with a fistful of cash (and a trunk full of Nikon & Zeiss ZF glass for sale) ... :thumbs: :ROTFL: