The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Both Leica Germany and USA websites down?

Ben Rubinstein

woops, I've been comentating on the wrong thread!

Copied over...

Watching it now, nothing more relaxing than watching a German speak English.... :ROTFL::ROTFL:

So far, apparently Leica are trying to move away from the 'collectors' camera concept. X1 is a 'beginners camera'. M9 is shipping immediately and available within days (you suckers are all gonners - goodbye...). :ROTFL: X1 is hand assembledto the same specs as the M9 but won't be availible till Dec.

Someone in the audience has made a joke, threw the speaker off for some 5 seconds and not sure if he realised it was a joke till everyone laughed, Personally I'm rolling :LOL:

S2 not released till Oct 09.

They just brought on Seal (singer) to do a presentation. What the heck? How about a photographer? :wtf:

A

Alexander Bauer

http://www.webcasts.com/mdlk001/090909b/ yes it does work on Mac/Safari :thumbs:

it looks like M9 is going to be brad & butter :thumbs:

Seal is OK but I would rather see the true Leica frontier are own Guy Mancuso among the first one to get it and test drive it :thumbs:

bavanor

Yes, pure german there. Just like my german friends, easily thrown off while speaking if they are not expecting it.

Stuart Richardson

I reloaded it again, and it worked for me.

At first I was a bit curious about Seal being the speaker, but he did a great job -- his photos were quite nice as well. Of course he does have Heidi Klum as a permanent model, the lucky bastard...

Overall it had some interesting bits. Did anyone else here Stefan Daniel mention manual lens selection? It could be my hearing, but it sounded like you did not need the coding...or perhaps I misunderstood.

Leica 77

To All the Leica Lovers!
Many thanks for your posts! I was able to enjoy the live Leica webcast @ http://www.webcasts.com/mdlk001/090909b/ as you all did today -- 09/09/2009. I agree with Stuart that Seal did such a superb job as an honored speaker. He was, of course, well rewarded. What a historic day! All the best! :)

cam

Seal knows how to work the crowd.
Yes he does. Wow he is a great speaker...
just an FYI. Seal really is that passionate about Leica.

we were back stage after a show and he came out when he saw my M8. we got so into our discussion of all things red dot related, they had to drag him to the bus so he could move on to the next town, next gig.

as much as i loved his show, i think i enjoyed getting rangefinder nerdy with him even more. and i truly did not want to let go of his pride and joy, the Jahre M7... sigh.