The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The M9 Chat Box

M

matmcdermott

Interesting that they've played up the celebrity connection: Eric Clapton, Bryan Adams, Seal -- right after showing "battle scars" on the M3

D

ddk

I read this as part of M9's viewfinder description, I don't see how they can claim this or what's so hard shooting with wide angle lenses and a dslr, I do it all the time, both mf and af;

"The accuracy of the rangefinder on the Leica M9 is independent of the lens. Therefore, its accuracy with a wide angle lens is 4 times greater than a single lens reflex camera. The high contrast rangefinder patch in the middle of the viewfinder guarantees fast, precise, and exact focusing even in extremely low light."

M

matmcdermott

It actually has been a good launch on all levels. Let's just hope there aren't too many gremlins lurking about in the camera.

The steel color looks better in the hand than in the brochure photos.

Bigfeet

It actually has been a good launch on all levels. Let's just hope there aren't too many gremlins lurking about in the camera.

The steel color looks better in the hand than in the brochure photos.
I agree. I like the way the steel looks as well.

Bigfeet

M

matmcdermott

Well, there were some liberties taken in that statement. Mine's been entirely reliable, but as a blanket statement, not so much.