The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M9 images

woodyspedden

Nothing ,Nada and zilch on C1
Guy

I used the Adobe DNG converter prior to opening the DNG in C1. Without the conversion C1 opened nothing. After the conversion C1 opened the file just fine. I have no idea as to the quality in C1 yet but I will be comparing the results from C1 with what I get from Lightroom 2.4 Stay tuned. By the way I think the problem may be with C1 4.8.2 since the folks who are successfully opening it are using 4.8.1 I have also opened the file in Raw Developer but the colors look kind of funky. On second thought I think the colors in all the converters I have tried are funky and it is a question as to which funky you prefer. The lighting here is very difficult and so doesn't present a good file for reference purposes.

Woody

Last edited:

Ben Rubinstein

Downloaded the RAW's, woooow blotchy at iso 1600. Probably better if exposed correctly but you don't want to be pulling pics at that iso.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Okay Lloyd you are tasked to go shoot more. Now that is a direct order. LOL

Okay I will buy you a Starbucks

Have fun. I see someone has one that can take some nice images as well.

robertwright

a lot better than the M8 at the same, even considering that the file is about a stop under exposed. I think they got more than a stop, more like two stop's improvement on ISO in the M9. It opens in C1 4.8.1 for me.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I think it is at least 1.5 stops from what I seen so far maybe better. That alone will make a few sales

Thanks Robert on the C1 . Guess I have to get the DNG converter. Any links for that folks

Erik Five

I might get a chance to blast the M9 tonight with Nocti f:1, 35 lux asph etc. Will post some pics if I do... Ill bring a light meter.

Lloyd

M9, 75 Lux, wide open. Both shot Auto exposure, Auto white balance. web sized Jpg from DNG, otherwise straight out of the camera. ISO 2500: