The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Re: More and more fun with M8 images

Lloyd, wonderful images of your beautiful wife.

SteveM8, that's a terrific shot! Great light.

Jono, Lovely place, but your shots all seem a bit soft, what are you processing them with?

Gary P

Hi TR Smith,

Great shot of the strainers! Tack sharp. What do you use to process them with?

Gary P

Lloyd

Lloyd, wonderful images of your beautiful wife.

SteveM8, that's a terrific shot! Great light.

Jono, Lovely place, but your shots all seem a bit soft, what are you processing them with?
Thanks Tim, much appreciated... and this shot of yours is great! Looks like you eat a lot of pasta around your place. ;)

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Thanks Gary, C1 for all my Leica shots. Nothing else seems to even get close.

Lloyd, I actually do love pasta. But this was just an attempt to find a little color in an otherwise bleak February landscape by shopping at the kitchen store!

markwon

Shot with 35 cron ASPH (last three), 50 lux pre ASPH (first), and 90 Elmarit (second)

Last edited:

markwon

Thanks Lloyd. That's funny that you say that because I did my undergrad work at Albany, SUNY Albany to be exact.

These shots were actually taken in downtown Philly where I teach. The people were shot today during my lunch break, the houses a couple of days ago on my way home.

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd. That's funny that you say that because I did my undergrad work at Albany, SUNY Albany to be exact.

These shots were actually taken in downtown Philly where I teach. The people were shot today during my lunch break, the houses a couple of days ago on my way home.
Oh yeah, I see it now. But that is ironic about your attending SUNY (great place), and don't you think there are parts of Albany that look very similar?

markwon

Hi Lloyd, Its been awhile since I was last in Albany. But I as best as I can remember, Albany does resemble Philly in the sense that both are smaller sized cities with quite a few blocks of row houses, just like the ones in the pictures. BTW, How are you so familiar with both cities?

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd, Its been awhile since I was last in Albany. But I as best as I can remember, Albany does resemble Philly in the sense that both are smaller sized cities with quite a few blocks of row houses, just like the ones in the pictures. BTW, How are you so familiar with both cities?
Philly I only know from a number of visits over the years. As for Albany, my oldest son lives there, and we've visited a number of times, most recently just three weeks ago. I'm from Boston originally.

jonoslack

HI Tim - Love the strainers. The guy in the Bell Tower was dark, with a slow shutter speed. The landscape shots are pretty sharp - but maybe I should refine my processing a little to make 'em look sharper when reduced.
I was using Aperture and Silver efex Pro.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Jono I can't see what you see in the original files, so apologies if it's the medium. I find the 28 cron to be remarkably sharp, sharp enough to justify it's exorbetent cost.

One thing I have begun to do with Silver Efex is to completely turn off the "Film Effects". Each of the pre-sets includes some use of it, so each time you select a different exposure combo you have to deselect it. But once I've done that I am able to use the other controls to make a conversion that seems cleaner to my eye. But of course, your mileage may vary.

N

nei1

Stevem8,nice shot of your son steve,youve taken a nice photo even without youre son,if Im honest a lot of my landscapes are just pretty backdrops waiting for something to happen,youve combined the two to make a fine image.......Neil

stevem8

Thanks for the compliment! Just got lucky with that shot and will be a good one I can look back on in 15 years when he is older.

Here is one from today. I'm not much of a landscape guy but thought this tree would make for a cool shot.

M8 - 50 Lux

Lloyd

Thanks for the compliment! Just got lucky with that shot and will be a good one I can look back on in 15 years when he is older.

Here is one from today. I'm not much of a landscape guy but thought this tree would make for a cool shot.

M8 - 50 Lux
Very nice, Steve. You should do more of those!

Lloyd

Got together with family over the weekend... meet the folks:

50 'Cron:

Lloyd

A few more from last night. All with the 28 Cron:

My niece:

My brother and nieces:

My mother and another brother:

My favorite subject:

Lloyd

One more - 28 Cron:

(Two of my nieces had thier 18th birthdays within the past week)

Last edited:

Lloyd

Playing around with some fast glass. First two with the Nocti wide open, second two with the CV 50/1.5 wide open. Focusing was a little tricky (always is wide open with the Nocti), as it was a little breezy out.

(I'll have to try this again when I have more time, and choose the very same subject, same framing, etc., but I thought it an interesting comparison.)

Last edited:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Very nice series Lloyd. Your family is well used to you with a camera and they all seem at ease. Well done!

This from a forgotten day at the harbor, trying to make something from nothing. Just for color (can you tell I'm sick of winter?)