The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Re: More and more fun with M8 images

Helen - for you

This is the M8 at 1250. For me, I like the quality of the noise, I know it is not film grain but I don't expect that look from my digital camera. Perhaps this is not the best example but I think the M8 is capable of quality images at 640 and 1250, although the "look" may not be appropriate for all situations. I will add that often times I do not like the look of some of the files from the M8 at higher ISO's but it can work and when it does it can be quite lovely. - your peach-fuzz friend in ny

helenhill

Helen - for you

This is the M8 at 1250. For me, I like the quality of the noise, I know it is not film grain but I don't expect that look from my digital camera. Perhaps this is not the best example but I think the M8 is capable of quality images at 640 and 1250, although the "look" may not be appropriate for all situations. I will add that often times I do not like the look of some of the files from the M8 at higher ISO's but it can work and when it does it can be quite lovely. - your peach-fuzz friend in ny

WOW....Tres Coool
and NO Peach Fuzz or rather such a refined PF it reads Differently,
Thank You for this, something to Aspire to in the land of 1250
Is that a mirror or glass behind her?.... The Reflection Fragments Beautifully
xo to my Favorite Peach Fuzz Pal...Charles

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Lloyd - very nice tones in the CV 75/2.5 Heliar image (preparing for a "Smudging").

Helen - No mirror or glass behind the girl just the Summarex going wild.
Nice delivery photo!

helenhill

Thanks CMB/Charles & Lloyd...

Mind You, the hand Series is Quite Beautiful in Tonality...
Spot on Crisp & Lovely, Lloyd

Lloyd

Carrots and Sunset

M8 28mm 'cron
Sometimes you just have to stop the car!
This leaves me speechless (no small task, mind you)! One of the most impressive images on this thread, for certain!! :salute:

Lloyd

Here's what else leaves me speechless. :)

With the Noctilux, @ f1.

M

MEB

Roxy Cafe

This is a small diner near my office where I frequently eat lunch. The ceiling alone is good for hours of reading. I think this is a scene where B&W just wouldn't tell the story! M8, 28mm Elmarit ASPH f2.8.
Mark (East Lansing, Michigan)

Lloyd

Re: Roxy Cafe

This is a small diner near my office where I frequently eat lunch. The ceiling alone is good for hours of reading. I think this is a scene where B&W just wouldn't tell the story! M8, 28mm Elmarit ASPH f2.8.
Mark (East Lansing, Michigan)
I'd have to agree... definitely a colorful place.:thumbup: