The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Gary P

Re: More and more fun with M8 images

I love the image Jonoslack, what a great composition!

You've got some beautiful women in your life Lloyd! And the talent to capture it!

Love it!

Gary P

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Jono, Your image is fantastic. You really have the eye.

MEB, I really enjoyed the diner. There is a lot to take in and you are right that B+W would not tell the whole story.

Lloyd, This is a lovely picture of your girls. I think the 50mm perspective is perfect for your style of portraiture.

Lloyd

New snow overnight. Decided to play around with some IR. CV 28/1.9 with B+W 093 filter:

Lloyd

These photos are nothing special. I'm just doing a comparison of the IR shot straight out of the camera (left), and the same shot converted to B/W (right).

CV 50/1.5 Nokton, and a Hoya R72 Infared filter.

Lloyd

Beautiful shot, but I'd like to see it in B&W. The color version has a yellow cast that is distracting.
Hmm. I appreciate the feedback. I did a toned version, which I'll post. I purposely processed this a little warm, and desaturated it just a bit.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

It's a wonderful image (as usual!) but I have to agree with Mike. I think a color version could be very nice, the child's sleeve is a nice touch of color. But I do think it needs to be less yellow.

jonoslack

Lloyd, Chris, Mike, Cindy, Jack
thank you!

Here are a couple from some bosky woodland behind the office.

jonoslack

hmmm
and another

Lloyd - your wife/grandchild photo is completely fab . . .I like it better in black and white though.

Lloyd

hmmm
and another

Lloyd - your wife/grandchild photo is completely fab . . .I like it better in black and white though.
A stunning series, Jono. How are you doing your b/w conversions? These are nothing short of amazing!

BTW, thank you... much appreciated.

Last edited:

stevem8

You guys are killing me with these AWESOME shots, ALL of you! Jono, you are a master of B&W. Stunning images. Lloyd..your portraits are GREAT! Anyway, here is one from today. M8, 50 Lux, 1.4, ISO 1250

Portrait of a Gamer