The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Lloyd

Re: Kauai, People and Critters

At a Kauai farmer's market, plus the island's most common wild bird (I'm not kidding). 1-4 are M8 and 35 Summicron, the last with 50 Summicron.
Nice series, Peter. I especially like the last two here. And you're certainly right about the wild bird!:thumbup:

JimCollum

Re: More and more fun with M8 images

a quick early morning trip to one of the popular places here

50mm preasph

shot with bw 92 IR, and white balanced

shot with bw 92 IR, converted to b/w, then blended with a color image taken at the same time

Lloyd

a quick early morning trip to one of the popular places here

50mm preasph

shot with bw 92 IR, and white balanced

shot with bw 92 IR, converted to b/w, then blended with a color image taken at the same time

Wow. These are great! How did you "white balance" that first one?

JimCollum

Very interesting... so do you set a custom WB using the expo disk, or just have it over the IR filter when you take the shot?
I usually shoot 2 shots thru the expo disc.. one with the IR, the other without. After that, it doesn't really matter, since the shots are in RAW. If I start real early, then I'll take WB shots periodically as i feel the light changes.

Lloyd

I usually shoot 2 shots thru the expo disc.. one with the IR, the other without. After that, it doesn't really matter, since the shots are in RAW. If I start real early, then I'll take WB shots periodically as i feel the light changes.
Ok. Thank you... I'm going to have to give this a try!

stevem8

Jim, nice shots. I think I am going to give that manual WB a try as I have an old Expo Disc laying around here somewhere. Lloyd, thanks for the kind words.

Steve

M

MEB

TV Reporter

This beautiful young woman is a TV reporter. She came to my office to interview me about a case my office is handling (I am a county prosecuting attorney). I told her that if she was going to put me on camera, I was going to put her on camera. I startled her because apparently no one had ever pulled a camera on her before! I wish I had my 50mm so that I could have blurred the background better but I only had the 28 Elmarit ASPH.

Thanks for looking,
Mark (East Lansing, Michigan)

M

MEB

mid-America courthouse

Typical mid-west courthouse in Mason, Michigan. M8 with 28 Elmarit ASPH. Processed with Silver EFEX Pro in Photoshop.

Thanks for looking,

Lloyd

Re: TV Reporter

This beautiful young woman is a TV reporter. She came to my office to interview me about a case my office is handling (I am a county prosecuting attorney). I told her that if she was going to put me on camera, I was going to put her on camera. I startled her because apparently no one had ever pulled a camera on her before! I wish I had my 50mm so that I could have blurred the background better but I only had the 28 Elmarit ASPH.

Thanks for looking,

Very nice (she is a beauty). And I think that 28 worked gave a nice perspective. Well done.:thumbup:

DavidE

I finally took the plunge (gulp!) and bought an M8.2 and 28 cron.

I'm still trying get a feel for the focus and framelines, otherwise I'm having a great time with it. Had to clean the sensor a couple of times as the shutter seems to throwing out residue (apparently that's not that unusual). You can see the gray blobs in the same place on the photos below. Anyone run into this problem? On the sensor, it doesn't look like dust -- I'm seeing thin lines of residue.

The purchase came just before a trip to Los Angeles, so here are a few of those images.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

Lloyd

I finally took the plunge (gulp!) and bought an M8.2 and 28 cron.

I'm still trying get a feel for the focus and framelines, otherwise I'm having a great time with it. Had to clean the sensor a couple of times as the shutter seems to throwing out residue (apparently that's not that unusual). You can see the gray blobs in the same place on the photos below. Anyone run into this problem? On the sensor, it doesn't look like dust -- I'm seeing thin lines of residue.

The purchase came just before a trip to Los Angeles, so here are a few of those images.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]
Very nice, David. You're going to LOVE that combo... let's see more. :thumbup:

DavidE

Thanks, Lloyd. It was a real stretch to buy this combination. I've been researching it (and saving up my pennies) for months because I knew it would be a while before I could afford another lens.

Here are a few more images from that same trip.

Lloyd

Thanks, Lloyd. It was a real stretch to buy this combination. I've been researching it (and saving up my pennies) for months because I knew it would be a while before I could afford another lens.

Here are a few more images from that same trip.

Very nice. I particularly like the first one. The addition of that flag works very well.

You might watch for bargains on used lenses. There are a lot around just now. Also, don't discount the Voightlander lenses for the M8.2, there are some real gems. Enjoy.