The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

stevem8

Re: More and more fun with M8 images

Thanks guys, I posted my whole experience in my blog just a few moments ago. Tons more pics, and the concert review as well! Thx!

Terry

Steve....

I posted on these at DPReview but will reiterate here: Awesome

jonoslack

Thanks guys, I posted my whole experience in my blog just a few moments ago. Tons more pics, and the concert review as well! Thx!
Great Stuff Steve
I just read the blog as well, sounds like an evening to remember.
Did you use Auto-ISO for these as well as A mode?

stevem8

Hey guys! Thanks! Jono, yea I used Auto ISO set to 640 MAX and shot each lens wide open. Worked out great just as you said it would! Thanks for that advice BTW.

Lloyd

Great write up on the blog, Steve, and I enjoyed the slideshow there as well. Interesting that before you mentioned the lack of keepers from the Nikon, I was thinking how much better the M8 shots where (and I shoot Nikon too, so no bias here). Very impressive.:salute:

One more question, how did you handle white balance?

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Two shots from last nights Seal show. 1st one 50 lux wide open, ISO 160. 2nd was the 75 Summarit at 2.5, ISO 640
Some interesting trivia on Seal...

He is actually an avid Leica shooter, and collector of Leica M lenses. I've actually spoken to him on the phone about his Leica cameras and lenses, and his passion for photography.

Great guy, and amazing performer.

stevem8

Hey Loyd. Believe it or not, the M8 was set on AWB and the color shots are all pretty much straight from ACR. I was amazed. Must of been the lighting!

jonoslack

Some interesting trivia on Seal...

He is actually an avid Leica shooter, and collector of Leica M lenses. I've actually spoken to him on the phone about his Leica cameras and lenses, and his passion for photography.

Great guy, and amazing performer.
Hi Mike
you should read Steve's blog . . . . he has been talking to Seal (and has shots from) his 21 & 24 'lux and new Nocti.

Which is why he got the opportunity to shoot the concert.

Lloyd

Hey Loyd. Believe it or not, the M8 was set on AWB and the color shots are all pretty much straight from ACR. I was amazed. Must of been the lighting!
Impressive. I really liked your b/w conversions there as well. Nicely done.

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Mark

After Steve's shots, which stopped the show, let's get back to our hum-drum down to earth stuff...

Steve, I really enjoyed your Seal concert photos and blog. Your photos do a great job conveying the energy and emotions you described experiencing. Thanks for sharing.

Jaap, your dog portrait is engaging and far from hum-drum.

Mark

jonoslack

Jaap
I'm reporting you to the RSPCA . . .that dog has clearly been hoodwinked. I'd guess someone promised her/him extra supper on the basis of co-operation in a photo session.

I hope you came up with the goods, but that look suggests not!

(lovely photo though.)

Stuart Richardson

They really are excellent shots Steve, and very kind words he has written about you! Now you just need to get him to let you photograph his wife...

S

sclamb

Some from my trip to my parents today.

Simon