The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

And, another from Paradise ... where you can watch a ballgame and eat a fat taco ... all from your barstool.

M8.2 and 35mm summilux.

Kurt

stevem8

Thanks to all for the kind words on my baby Birds. Here is another from this afternoon...

Reynolds

Workshop Member

Steve...love the babies!! Fabulous!!
Scargos, is "taps" a daily ritual? Wow, has the town grown up since I lived there in 1971! Long story.

Scargos2

Steve...love the babies!! Fabulous!!
Scargos, is "taps" a daily ritual? Wow, has the town grown up since I lived there in 1971! Long story.
I do not live in Orlando, been to the park only once,so do not know about a daily taps. But I think it is every day.

ecliffordsmith

Hi All,

A couple more from NYC. Another of the General Electric building followed by a view of Manhattan island from a boat looking northwards.

Hope you are all having a nice weekend!

ecliffordsmith

Hi All,

Yep, me again!

This is a picture looking across the reservoir in central park towards central park west. The builiding, named the El Dorado is one of three twin towered luxury appartment buildings designed by Emery Roth that reside on central park west. This is the most northerly.

DavidE

McCarron airport -- last chance to gamble before leaving Las Vegas.

Like Vegas itself, it can look a bit tawdry in the light of day. Shot with the 18mm.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]

ecliffordsmith

Hi All,

This is another of the three of Emery Roth's central park west appartment buildings. This time in colour. I think you will see from the sky why I went for B&W in most of the shots. This building is called the San Remo.

ecliffordsmith

David,

A very nice photograph. I know the airport and you have really captured the feel of it. Very good use of the wide angle lens in my opinion too.

ecliffordsmith

Hi All,

One more, again in colour when the sky was clear and blue. St Partrick's cathederal, 5th avenue.

jlm

Workshop Member

i believe that building is the RCA building in Rockefeller center, also known as the GE building. There is a General Electric Building on about 50th and Lexington not far from Grand Central. it is distinguished by having lighting bolts on it's parapets apparently a tribute to the days when radio waves were big news

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Electric_Building

this is a typically beautiful time in NYC, enjoy