The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Thanks much, Steve, Lloyd and f1.0.

Here are two from earlier today at a local Memorial Day parade.

Kurt

skimmel

Here's one from a Memorial Day parade juggler today. This is the 75 cron.

(This is my first picture posted here so hope it comes out OK).

Lloyd

Here's one from a Memorial Day parade juggler today. This is the 75 cron.

(This is my first picture posted here so hope it comes out OK).
Nice moments. Great first post... let's see more!!

Terry

skimmel -
Looks good. Welome!
Has to be in Philadelphia....too many Phillies shirts for anywhere else.
I grew up there.

terry

skimmel

Thanks Lloyd and Terry. Yup, Philly! The guy there is an engineer working for Lockhead Martin, but he loves juggling so much (did it as a job while working his way through college and grad school), that he comes back every year to perform.

stevem8

Was sitting with my wife this evening and we were talking about life in general, kids, work and family. I snapped a couple with the 35 Lux as we talked and ended up liking the mood here...

scott kirkpatrick

The way you present the two pictures has an interesting effect. It looks like an old-fashioned stereograph, viewed in the home parlor with a wooden viewer. Nice.

Given the love of gadgetry in the photoworld, I'm surprised that none of the "HDR IR kitty-pet" photographers in the world have added a splitter to their gearset and posted stereo HDR IR Kitty images. But I don't think I'll pursue that thought any further.

scott

stevem8

Funny you should say that as I was looking through one of those a few days ago with old WWII images in 3D. Maybe that inspired me :) Thanks

Steve

Lloyd

Was sitting with my wife this evening and we were talking about life in general, kids, work and family. I snapped a couple with the 35 Lux as we talked and ended up liking the mood here...

That really is nice, Steve. I agree, wonderful mood.

scott kirkpatrick

Funny you should say that as I was looking through one of those a few days ago with old WWII images in 3D. Maybe that inspired me :)
And the image by Jaapv that appeared just above your note (see below)

is also very 3-dimensional. I'm interested in exploring the effect that seeing in 3D has on composition of a picture in 2D. The oldtime wet plate photographers (take Carleton Watkins for example) shot both stereo views with a small camera and giant pictures with 20x28" wet plates with a giant camera. Naturally they shot a lot of stereo and relatively few giant pictures, choosing the spots that seemed to offer the best possible view, and learning their exposures from the stereo shots that they had taken. Those two sizes were the most profitable in that era, since stereos sold in quantity and big pictures went into presentation albums for very rich customers. One result is that some of the old big pictures contain multiple layers, with some of the picture seen through a frame of near scene, just as was most dramatic when making a stereo. Modern one-eyed photographers see differently, at least until Lee Friedlander started shooting through fences and foliage at subjects beyond, but suspended in foreground texture.

scott

Scargos2

great pictures Steve, What F stop did you use? and what light source was used
Thanks, interesting look