The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

jonoslack

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Wow, this thread has the best images on the site! (ok, that's just my opinion, no offense meant to any other thread or camera system). Thanks to everyone who posts, they are all an inspiration.

This with the 28 cron.

Tim
Don't pussyfoot Tim . . . tell it like it is :ROTFL:

Your picture is lovely . . . surely this isn't on your farm too? :)

Very nice.

jonoslack

Hey Jono..I agree, the Sonnar IS like two lenses in one :)

Also, great shots there with the 75. That lens is superb!
Thank you Steve
the 75 is still my favorite, it's fairly small, it's as sharp as a pin, has nice bokeh, focuses closer than anything except the 90 macro (and that's not too different).

I do understand the attractions of the lux, but I wouldn't swap
:)

Lloyd

Wow, this thread has the best images on the site! (ok, that's just my opinion, no offense meant to any other thread or camera system). Thanks to everyone who posts, they are all an inspiration.

This with the 28 cron.

Tim
I have to agree, Tim. Lots of good ones in other threads, but this one... something special. As this image of yours amply attests!

DavidE

Two more "plane views" with the 18mm.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

DavidE

And one more from the Adventuredome with the 28 cron.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Your picture is lovely . . . surely this isn't on your farm too? :)

Very nice.
Thanks Jono. And no, not on my place. In fact, it's as about as far from my place as one can get. Which feels alright every once in awhile.

stevem8

This with the 28 cron.

Tim
This is FANTASTIC!

stevem8

A Dog Story...

Was out playing some B-Ball with my son when a stray dog walked up to us panting heavily and crying. She was a very friendly dog and seemed to take to my son a bit. I went in the house and got her some food and water, as well as my M8.2 and Zeiss Sonnar..

after she drank down a whole bowl of water she ran up to my son and licked his cheek, and this was caught right after though its a bit OOF...

She seemed to appreciate the food and water and after two bowls of food and THREE bowls of water she seemed much better though she still was out of breath a bit..

The dog started to walk away down the street and my son yelled out to get her to come back. She did and he said his goodbye and she left...

I was going to try and keep her in the garage for the night to see if I could find the owner but she was intent on hitting the road...

Anyway, love the way the sonnar rendered these images. I also did some side by side shooting on a tripod today with the 50 Lux ASPH and have some VERY interesting results....

I will post those results on my site in a week or two. BTW, today I posted the 90 Cron APO review. Thanks for looking!

Lloyd

A Dog Story...

Was out playing some B-Ball with my son when a stray dog walked up to us panting heavily and crying. She was a very friendly dog and seemed to take to my son a bit. I went in the house and got her some food and water, as well as my M8.2 and Zeiss Sonnar..

Anyway, love the way the sonnar rendered these images. I also did some side by side shooting on a tripod today with the 50 Lux ASPH and have some VERY interesting results....

I will post those results on my site in a week or two. BTW, today I posted the 90 Cron APO review. Thanks for looking!
Nice story, great shots.:salute:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

This with the 28 cron.

Tim
I have to agree; there are unusually many good photos on this thread. The question is: Will I become a better photographer if I buy a Leica, or do I have to become a better photographer to buy one :confused:

viablex1

well you are already a kick *** photographer, I think it means you have to have less money to own a leica...lol

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member

The question is: Will I become a better photographer if I buy a Leica, or do I have to become a better photographer to buy one :confused:
Jorgen - What will happen if you buy a Leica and start posting on this thread is that the rest of us will become better photographers because you will show us what can be done with it from your unique perspective!!!

cam

Thank you Steve
the 75 is still my favorite, it's fairly small, it's as sharp as a pin, has nice bokeh, focuses closer than anything except the 90 macro (and that's not too different).

I do understand the attractions of the lux, but I wouldn't swap
:)
i've got to stand up for my lovely Lux lest this misinformation be perpetuated again: whilst there's no denying it is a beast, it focuses just as close as the 75 Cron.

before you cry foul, i believe early versions of this lens had the 1m limit, but it soon changed over to 0.7m -- exactly the same!

i sometimes dream of having a tiny tele i can pop in my pocket, but every time i look at images from the Lux....

jonoslack

i've got to stand up for my lovely Lux lest this misinformation be perpetuated again: whilst there's no denying it is a beast, it focuses just as close as the 75 Cron.

before you cry foul, i believe early versions of this lens had the 1m limit, but it soon changed over to 0.7m -- exactly the same!

i sometimes dream of having a tiny tele i can pop in my pocket, but every time i look at images from the Lux....
HI Cam
Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. By focusing down to .7 metre (same as 50 lux of course, as you so rightly point out) as it is a longer focal length, that means that it has a higher magnification (only a bit of course, but noticeable)

Highest magnification on the lux is: 1:11.3
on the 75 'cron it is: 1:7
on the 90 macro elmar it is: 1:6.7 (with LEICAMACRO-ADAPTER-M: 1:3)

The only irritation with the zeiss sonnar (for me) is the 1 metre closest focusing.

cam

HI Cam
Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. By focusing down to .7 metre (same as 50 lux of course, as you so rightly point out) as it is a longer focal length, that means that it has a higher magnification (only a bit of course, but noticeable)

Highest magnification on the lux is: 1:11.3
on the 75 'cron it is: 1:7
on the 90 macro elmar it is: 1:6.7 (with LEICAMACRO-ADAPTER-M: 1:3)

The only irritation with the zeiss sonnar (for me) is the 1 metre closest focusing.
i'm talking about the 75 Lux -- 1:8, not so far behind his little brother as is commonly portrayed....

regarding the Sonnar, i agree completely. and the Nocti, too. gorgeous rendering, but the nearest close focusing always frustrates me!

jonoslack

i'm talking about the 75 Lux -- 1:8, not so far behind his little brother as is commonly portrayed....

regarding the Sonnar, i agree completely. and the Nocti, too. gorgeous rendering, but the nearest close focusing always frustrates me!
I'm still not listening to you properly Cam - I'm really sorry:eek:.
Your prize is 10 rolls of Portra 160 - tell me where to send 'em!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

I have to agree; there are unusually many good photos on this thread. The question is: Will I become a better photographer if I buy a Leica, or do I have to become a better photographer to buy one :confused:
I'm guessing that your excellent style and unique vision would be just as evident if you were forced to shoot with a Leica. Your success seems to come in spite of whatever equipment you use rather than because of it. I always enjoy your images and so from a purely selfish standpoint, I urge you to simply keep doing what you're doing.

Tim

jonoslack

I'm guessing that your excellent style and unique vision would be just as evident if you were forced to shoot with a Leica. Your success seems to come in spite of whatever equipment you use rather than because of it. I always enjoy your images and so from a purely selfish standpoint, I urge you to simply keep doing what you're doing.

Tim
Don't pander to him Tim, just because he takes the best pictures on the forum . . and he's a nice guy. . . there is really no need to tell him so :p

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Oops. Sorry, it's a beautiful morning and my dog just did something funny so I was feeling munificent (no, that's not my wife's name). How does one un-pander?