The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

stevem8

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Great images from everyone as usual! I flew to Phx to visit family and snapped these today...

50 Sonnar at 1.5 - This is a shot of my son with a 15 year old Chihuahua that used to be our dog when my son was a baby. About 10 years ago my mother-in-law took the dog as we had to move. Today he was re-united with his old puppy...

35 Lux at F4 - This is a mural painted on the outside of a wall at my favorite restaraunt and brewery in Phoenix. Besides the lumpy Marilyn, i liked the way this one looks :)

Leica 77

Great images from everyone as usual! I flew to Phx to visit family and snapped these today...

50 Sonnar at 1.5 - This is a shot of my son with a 15 year old Chihuahua that used to be our dog when my son was a baby. About 10 years ago my mother-in-law took the dog as we had to move. Today he was re-united with his old puppy...

35 Lux at F4 - This is a mural painted on the outside of a wall at my favorite restaraunt and brewery in Phoenix. Besides the lumpy Marilyn, i liked the way this one looks :)

Hello stevem8,

The image of your son with a reunited 15-year old chihuahua is darling and heartwarming. The Sonnar 50 f1.5 is one of my favorite lenses. Best regards, Leica 77 :)

Lloyd

Hello stevem8,

The image of your son with a reunited 15-year old chihuahua is darling and heartwarming. The Sonnar 50 f1.5 is one of my favorite lenses. Best regards, Leica 77 :)
What he said, times two.:thumbup:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Nice thistle! Very sharp stuff!

here's a shot from awhile back of our very own brand of the stuff after it's reached maturity.

Lloyd

Nice thistle! Very sharp stuff!

here's a shot from awhile back of our very own brand of the stuff after it's reached maturity.
Evil stuff, isn't it. (Although in this case, it's very nicely photographed!)

I

impo

These images are all stunning. I can't wait to try out my new M8 this weekend=)!

akiralx

Hello Lloyd,

The co-existence of perfect sharpness and beautiful bokeh is most impressive in your images produced by the 35 Lux ASPH. Best regards, Leica 77 :)
Yes, I agree, very nice shots - the only thing I would say is that in the very first one (of the small white flowers) the bokeh seems to have a heathaze-like swirly look, which may have been present of course.

Lloyd

Yes, I agree, very nice shots - the only thing I would say is that in the very first one (of the small white flowers) the bokeh seems to have a heathaze-like swirly look, which may have been present of course.
That is an interesting effect, and certainly no heat-haze present here, it was only about 60 degrees. That bokeh effect is present in SteveM8s shots with the 35 Lux ASPH, posted over the past couple of pages. As for the subject shot, pretty much straight out of the camera... slight adjustment for exposure in ACR, resize and sharpen for the web.

Lloyd

Hello Lloyd,

The co-existence of perfect sharpness and beautiful bokeh is most impressive in your images produced by the 35 Lux ASPH. Best regards, Leica 77 :)
Thank you. Not really my doing, that's the hallmark of that lens.

jonoslack

That is an interesting effect, and certainly no heat-haze present here, it was only about 60 degrees. That bokeh effect is present in SteveM8s shots with the 35 Lux ASPH, posted over the past couple of pages. As for the subject shot, pretty much straight out of the camera... slight adjustment for exposure in ACR, resize and sharpen for the web.
I think that with any other lens, the effect of the background on the white flowers would be called 'bad' bokeh . . .of course the 35 'lux asph is 'perfect' so it can't be the case here :ROTFL:

Bokeh is a funny business, and it seems to me that there is always something to catch out a lens, however good it may be, in this case those busy plants are causing the grief . . .of course, it's also very subjective, and some people might like that effect (as Leica 77 does).

for me though (and I take lots of shots like that) it'd definitely persuaded that I won't be getting that lens (I was considering it as I don't have a 35).