The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Very nice Lloyd! I appreciate the breathing room around these two good looking people.

Leica 77

My daughter-in-law's youngest sister. At her wedding reception last night.

M8; CV 90 APO Lanthar, wide open:

Hello Lloyd,
It's a happy wedding photo. Congrats to your daughter-in-law's youngest sister and her groom. Best wishes, Leica 77 :)

etrigan63

I revisited my M8 self-portrait and tried to apply the "grunge look" that is very popular these days in certain athletic products ads. What do you think?

I really need to get me another M8. I miss my old one.

Lloyd

I revisited my M8 self-portrait and tried to apply the "grunge look" that is very popular these days in certain athletic products ads. What do you think?

I really need to get me another M8. I miss my old one.
That is such a great SP. I like this, but the b/w version is simply fantastic.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

No offense Carlos, but I'm not sure you've nailed "grunge" exactly. It almost seems like the term covers a few similar looks so interpretations might be different. There are actually tutorials out there on how to reproduce it. I tried it a year or so ago on an image but never really perfected it myself. My one attempt at grunge:

etrigan63

I think the effect is more pronounced in black and white. Here is the B&W version:

GlennB

I'm a fairly new member and have very much enjoyed viewing all of the posted images. I hope no one minds if I post a couple photos I shot this past week.
Both with M8, 90mm f2 apo
Thanks for looking,
Glenn

Lloyd

I'm a fairly new member and have very much enjoyed viewing all of the posted images. I hope no one minds if I post a couple photos I shot this past week.
Both with M8, 90mm f2 apo
Thanks for looking,
Glenn
Very nice. Excellent first post. Let's see much more!!:thumbup:

I

impo

Just got back from a trip to NY and I thought I'd share a few pictures =). Most of these shots were taken with the 35mm Summilux.

Taken with D-Lux 4:

GlennB

Very nice. Excellent first post. Let's see much more!!:thumbup:
Thanks for your kind words. I'm just an old newspaper hack, but since getting my M8 I'm trying to look for and shoot something for myself more often.
Hopefully some of it will be worth posting here.
Glenn

I

impo

Thank you Bigfeet! I'll post more later since I don't want to feel like I'm hogging the thread :p.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Wonderful images from all as usual. Welcome to GlennB. impo - I like the processing in the series you posted.

Here are a few with the M8 and Summarex.

Last edited:
I

impo

Lloyd

Hog away. You're among friends.
Thanks Lloyd, I'll try to keep that in mind. This is definitely one of the friendliest forums I've been to and I have a feeling I'll be sticking around. By the way, is it just me or does it feel pretty dead lately here (specifically the Leica section)?

cmb_
Wonderful images from all as usual. Welcome to GlennB. impo - I like the processing in the series you posted.
drazin
amazing shots IMPO! what iso setting did you use?
Thanks cmb_ and drazin for your kind remarks. Processing photos is one aspect of photography I'm really starting to enjoy and where I'm trying to improve on. And the files I get from the M8 makes it much easier to process than some of the other systems I've tried but I think that's just me not knowing how to use the more complex DSLR systems. I usually try not to shoot any higher than ISO 320 but I think the last one was shot at ISO 640 and so was the photo at the cathedral. I really like the creaminess I get from ISO 160 and 320 so I try to keep it between those two. But keep in mind I've only had this camera for about a month so I'm still in the learning curve.