The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Lloyd

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Man, that 90 looks awesome Lloyd. Great shots. I have not posted in a while mainly due to me being so busy! But here is one from this morning. Just a weed in my backyard with the 50 Lux pre asph.

Stunning. You're not only a master composer, your processing is simply amazing.:salute:

GlennB

Being a new member I don't really feel comfortable making comments but I wanted to say to everyone how much I like coming to this thread almost every day to see all the good photography here. Some interesting, some beautiful, some just funny !!
Thanks!

DavidE

With all the wonderful flowers-from-a-walk images posted recently, I decided to see what I could do with a flower that has been blooming in our front yard. I couldn't get the color to work just right, so I took it in a different direction. Here's what I started with unprocessed, and here's what I ended up with after much processing in Lightroom.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

gero

I like your processing in most of your pictures (you and steven):thumbup:

DavidE

I like your processing in most of your pictures (you and steven):thumbup:
Thanks, gero. The processing part is half the fun.

This is the same flower.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]

Lloyd

Being a new member I don't really feel comfortable making comments but I wanted to say to everyone how much I like coming to this thread almost every day to see all the good photography here. Some interesting, some beautiful, some just funny !!
Thanks!
Comment away. No worries.

Lloyd

Thanks, gero. The processing part is half the fun.

This is the same flower.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]
Beautiful series, David. And I'm a fan of your processing as well.

DavidE

Beautiful series, David. And I'm a fan of your processing as well.
Thanks, Lloyd. What a coincidence. I'm a fan of your processing, too. That's what I like about this place. We all seem to be learning from each other.

Here's a b&w version of the previous image.

Lloyd

Thanks, Lloyd. What a coincidence. I'm a fan of your processing, too. That's what I like about this place. We all seem to be learning from each other.

Here's a b&w version of the previous image.

Thanks, David. And I like this even better in b/w.:thumbup:

Like I said on the Nikon thread, "This is a Mutual Inspiration Society".

f 10

M8 1,4/75 @ 11 with NDx4 for long exposure (Horse 1/20, Greyhound 1/90)
both from today

Last edited:

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd,

here are 2 more ;)
These are great as well. I particularly like that b/w of the greyhound. The moody, grainy processing is really impressive. Nicely done.

DavidE

Those are terrific, f 1,0. They remind me of the freeze frame studies of Eadweard Muybridge.

Here are two more New Orleans cemetery photos. Used Silver Efex Pro to make them a little grittier than the others.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

f 10

Thanks DavidE,

M8 1,4/75 @ 1,4 (2nd 100% Crop)

Last edited:

stevem8

Lloyd, thanks for the kind words! F1, those stop motion shots are GREAT!!!! and David, bravo on those Cemetery shots. Beautiful tones you have there.