The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

jonoslack

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

HI There
I'm resting at the moment . . . but I needed to come back simply to argue with you:

Hello, I've just registered here (though I've been reading the posts here for quite awhile already). Thought I'd post a few photos as first post (although they're nowhere near as good as most of the others posted here, but I'm working on it).
These are fine - and quite as good as most of the stuff posted around here - for me they positively zing.

The M8 is my first rangefinder camera, and my first digital camera as well. I always fancied the Canon 5D and waited for the 5D Mk II which was about to be released then. While waiting, I needed a camera for a day (my SLR broke in the Lake District at Lake Buttermere right when the evening sun turned to gold) and a friend borrowed me his camera, a Leica. At the end of the day I was in love with the rangefinder concept and the 5D was off my mind. So that's the short story how I ended up with this camera.
My story is quite different, but the principle was the same . . .I bought an M6 off ebay on a whim one drunken night 3 years ago . . . and fell in love. Since then I hate to think how much money has been spent, but I don't even think my wife considers it wasted.

So - a big welcome - and a big congratulations on your M8 and your great photos.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Things move fast around here if your get the least bit distracted. So I feel I owe a thank you to those who've commented, and another one to all those who post such great shots.

In return I offer this rainy day arrangement. A colorful counterpoint to what was otherwise a pretty soggy and dreary day.

f 10

:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL: They grow handsome men there, obviously!
here is another one - from November 6, 2006.
One of the first pics with me the M8.

Of course made with another M8 ;)

Last edited:

Lloyd

here is another one - from November 6, 2006.
One of the first pics with me the M8.

Of course made with another M8 ;)
You're clearly the thoughtful, studious type. Nice. :thumbup:

Lloyd

Things move fast around here if your get the least bit distracted. So I feel I owe a thank you to those who've commented, and another one to all those who post such great shots.

In return I offer this rainy day arrangement. A colorful counterpoint to what was otherwise a pretty soggy and dreary day.
Very nice... I needed some color today. Is that one of the windowsills the stars hang out on?

jonoslack

as thoughtful as Peter, who has made the photo of me - (2 years later)
Looks like you've had a serious hair slippage. Added to which you've changed you're wonderful avatar .. I'll never thing the same way about you again!

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member

. . . a big welcome - and a big congratulations on your M8 and your great photos.
Ruediger - I concur with the semi-retired-resting Jono–whose courageous comments and radiant images have been missed during his summer respite–and add my congratulations on a splendid first post with some wonderful images from your new M8. Welcome to the forum, looking forward to more posts.

jonoslack

Ruediger - I concur with the semi-retired-resting Jono–whose courageous comments and radiant images have been missed during his summer respite–and add my congratulations on a splendid first post with some wonderful images from your new M8. Welcome to the forum, looking forward to more posts.
Thank you kind sir
It's all water under the bridge you know - I'm off on holiday on Tuesday, and then I'll be back on stream on September 17th, by which time there'll be a 'fun with the M9 thread' (or not)

Lloyd

Thank you kind sir
It's all water under the bridge you know - I'm off on holiday on Tuesday, and then I'll be back on stream on September 17th, by which time there'll be a 'fun with the M9 thread' (or not)
Whoa, nice. Have a great holiday. M9 stream or not, I'll still be here. :thumbup:

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member

. . . by which time there'll be a 'fun with the M9 thread' (or not)
egads!!! the thought of the more and more fun with the M9 thread :eek: and me with my lowly M8 (not even an M8.2), no shutter upgrade, no sapphire glass, no 21 or 24 Lux - oh woe is me . . . . but I am looking forward to the new Lecia(s), should be an interesting fall & winter