The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re: More and more fun with M8 images

LOL that was great, nice shots

Are we turning into a Pet Forum. I've seen more cats and dogs than anywhere on the planet. LOL

Just looking at the menu I can tell it is Philly. I sure do miss those steak sandwiches

Daniel

LOL that was great, nice shots

Are we turning into a Pet Forum. I've seen more cats and dogs than anywhere on the planet. LOL

Just looking at the menu I can tell it is Philly. I sure do miss those steak sandwiches
LOL. Cats and dogs are a fun challenge to focus with an RF camera because they're always moving. I think Elliot Ewitt commented about photographing dogs that went something like this: I like dogs, I don't need a model release :D

jaapv

Subscriber Member

Hi Jaap. I like both of the shots however if one had to stand on its own I like the first as it gives you a bit more "information" about the scene and what is going on.

How did you process the first one. It looks like the colors are very desaturated but not grayscale as I think I see a hint of color in the top left sky and on the beach. (I like the effect)

I admire you for always having your camera at the ready and taking lots of really interesting shots.
Thanks :) I see what you mean in the first shot, I see some sepia in the lower righthand corner too and I cannot explain it. The only thing I did differently from the second is that I ran Alien Skin over it and desaturated afterwards. The other one is as is. So I think I will start by recalibrating my monitor right now...

Daniel

Starman in the Ancient Garden

View attachment 2389

by Brower Hatcher, 1990
40’ x 12’ x 12’ Aluminum, Brick, Bronze, Concrete, Stainless Steel, Stone

Center City Plaza, Philadelphia, PA

Inspired by the concept of History and the Passage of Time, a neo-classical bronze face streaming from the heavens collides with earth. Trailing from it is a comet tail filled with the remnants of its journey. These artifacts relate to the City of Philadelphia and ideas of the future. Combined, these elements invite the viewer to contemplate what we have been, what we are, and what we may become.

These weren't my words, but my first contemplation was, gee, this would make an interest chandelier above a bed. Every morning, a contemplative awakening.

Zeiss Biogon 35mm f2.0

Last edited:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

I know what you mean about Pets being hard subjects, oh and not to mention kids too.
-bob

Maggie O

OK, now I feel better about my cat photos! I figure if I can get a good shot of my cats on the move, humans will be a cinch.

Mummmm, tasty.

Daniel

OK, now I feel better about my cat photos! I figure if I can get a good shot of my cats on the move, humans will be a cinch.
Kids and pets make good manual-focus and framing practice. They make you anticipate their moves, and you adjust accordingly. They're a fun challenge :)

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Thanks Maggie! It is a fun place. Now if I could just get rid of the extra 10 lbs. I picked up while there.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

I am mostly glad I left, except if I were still there I could drop in on Jack from time to time.
Heck I still drop in on Jack from time to time.:ROTFL:
-bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

I am mostly glad I left, except if I were still there I could drop in on Jack from time to time.
Heck I still drop in on Jack from time to time.:ROTFL:
-bob
and when you do, it doesn't do EITHER of us any good on the excess poundage front!

:ROTFL:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

I think he used a pencil sharpener. It is now dead on! No more focus and guess.:ROTFL:
Seriously, Maggie, I sent him my Noctilux and 75 lux which both had focus issues. I couldn't be happier with the Noctilux. The 75 lux is not back yet...he is sending the flange to JM for coding.