The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Re: More and more fun with M8 images

Maggie --- LOVE the sunlight painting, stellar capture!

Terry

Well we can rule out the new Terminal 5 at Heathrow because you would still be stuck there and not posting :rolleyes:

ChrisDauer

Workshop Member

Well we can rule out the new Terminal 5 at Heathrow because you would still be stuck there and not posting :rolleyes:
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:
Hrm... someone sounds bitter. :D
So true, so true.

And to think, less than a decade ago, it was how I'd plan all of my European vacations. I'll fly into Heathrow, and then figure out where I'm going from there. Now I think, How can I avoid Heathrow? Schiphol, Frankfurt, even Charles de Gaulle. My how the times have changed!

Daniel

I finally got a chance to try out the Summicron 28mm at Photo Village in New York City. This was my first time handling it, and it's a beautifully built lens. Comparing it with the Voigtlander 28mm Color-Skopar, I fail to notice any difference between these two lenses. Frankly, I have no clue what to look for. Obviously, the Leica Summicron has the widest aperture, and I most certainly could've used this extra speed at my cousin's wedding dinner last night. I think its speed and its focusing ring with is silky feel would've helped a lot. It was a lovely lens to handle.

View attachment 2646

Daniel

My 28 cron arrived today...gonna try it out tomorrow.
Fantastic. If it is no trouble, would you take a couple of wide open shots in different lighting conditions and share some samples? Just curious.

Dan

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Travel snapshot from last year.
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Thanks Cindy,
I set the camera on a garbage bin, hit the self timer, and hoped that it wouldn't fall off.
I DID have to photoshop in a couple rows of cobblestones in the bottom right once I had straightened it.:angel:

Mike, that last shot seems to be to be good material to work with. I love that lens!
-bob

Last edited:

helenhill

BOB
Your Travel shot is Beautiful /Picture postcard LOVELY

Mike
Your New Lens Rocks / Crisp & Divine

:clap:Cheers- helen