The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Daniel

Re: More and more fun with M8 images

I had fun with this one. An Elliot Erwitt moment? ;)

M8, 35 Summicron
--Peter
i love elliot erwitt. i've seen and admired so many of his pictures since i was a kid, but i never knew who was the photographer until a few years ago. sometimes i wonder if his work drove me to majoring in anthropology.

– dan

Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f1.5 (f5.6, 1/3000, 160). BW conversion.

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Cindy: IMO framing like your flower shot, regardless of subject, is what the 75 Lux excels at -- very nice capture!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Dan: I wonder how the image would change if the man were in focus and the background out? I assume he's a waiter and the "dump" in the background is ironic :)

Daniel

Dan: I wonder how the image would change if the man were in focus and the background out? I assume he's a waiter and the "dump" in the background is ironic :)
that'd be interesting. i wondered about this also. i've also thought of staging this. i'll have my friend in the background peeking over the dumpster, and wait for someone to walk by and do the same thing as this gentleman did (trying not to get into the the camera's view). i hope the dumpster will still be there.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Maggie,
I love them all, but I really, really love the last one. It is great how you captured the little boy's image in the puddle of water, and so poignant to see the young boy and the aging man side-by-side.:thumbup:

Peter Klein

Maggie, I second the motion on the last B&W of the kid with the cowboy hat and the reflection in the puddle. That is a "damn, I wish I'd taken that" shot.

Ain't playing in the dark fun?

--Peter

Maggie O

Maggie, I second the motion on the last B&W of the kid with the cowboy hat and the reflection in the puddle. That is a "damn, I wish I'd taken that" shot.

Ain't playing in the dark fun?

--Peter
Especially when you've got an M8 and a CV 35/2.5!

Daniel

Bummer, the dumpster was gone when I went back :(

Daniel

Leica Summicron 50mm f2.0 V (f2.0, 1/360, 160)

Leica Summicron 50mm f2.0 V (f2.0, 1/250, 160)

Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f1.5 (f2.5, 1/125, 160)

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

It's been raining and gray around here for days. I think my brain is getting a little damp. Here's a couple in the gloom. Not sure of them, but it helps pass the time between clients.