The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun time / M8 images

rotflmao, Guy - I'm not black - the M8 has a new issue: it depicts dentists in the wrong colour :D
No- look in the reflection over the booth.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Oh there you are , I thought you wanted us to see you were a dentist.

Just looking up at my wife above and just realized were my would be MF digital system is sitting. Hmmm might have to rob her.:D:D:D

Of course Steve immediately pointed that out with a PM. damn layers they have all the angles. LOL

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

rotflmao, Guy - I'm not black - the M8 has a new issue: it depicts dentists in the wrong colour :D
No- look in the reflection over the booth.
I saw that, but (stupidly) assumed it was somebody working behind the glass in the booth...

:eek:,

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Guy wrote: "It's a rare day when my wife likes a image of her but I do like this one."

Like a wise man said, it's not always about what a client will accept ! :D

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Hi Steen so glad you came aboard . Have fun my friend.

That was a good one still smiling:)

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...

Door Wreath
22 Nov 07 - M8, CV 75/2.5 Color Heliar, f/2.5 ISO160.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Awesome shot John! That CV 75 appears to handle flare very well too...

JWW

Having fun with glass and bokeh

1st with 50 prelux
2nd with 35 cron asph
3rd with 50 prelux

Jan

Last edited:

carstenw

A foggy Thanksgiving morning in the Arnold Arboretum:
90 Cron AA @ 5.6
Out of curiousity, was this cropped, and how close were you? I am trading my 90 Macro for a 90 AA and I am wondering exactly what I am setting myself up for.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

JWW: You just got to love the way that 50 pre-lux paints :D

Mark: Very nice image! Curious as to where the Arnold Arboretum is?

Carsten: FWIW, I sold my 90 macro about a day after I got my 90AA and have not regretted it once...

carstenw

Sure, but that's you :) I have used my 90 macro so little, mostly due to the f/4 combined with longer focal length, so maybe it will be the same for me. I guess I am very much a tripod-less, available light lover, but I didn't realise to what extent when I bought the macro lens kit. They cost almost the same, so I simply should have bought the 90AA from day one. Oh well, live and learn. I have found someone interested in trading a 90AA in perfect condition for the kit. Sadly there is no packaging there, just lens and covers, but that is good enough I suppose. The 90 macro does have outstanding bo-ke (my new favorite spelling of that term, more accurately reflecting the diphthong-less nature of Japanese), but that doesn't compensate fully for my style of shooting. My main concern with the 90AA is whether it can focus close enough for my taste, giving a large enough magnification, hence my question above.

Carsten: The image is not cropped, just resized for the web. I was just about at the minimum focus distance (1 meter).

Jack: The Arnold Arboretum is owned and run by Harvard University, and it's located in the Jamaica Plain section of Boston.

johnastovall

Checking out at David's. Hip shooting with the M8 and CV 21/5.6 and trying to look like Tri-X

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Sure, but that's you :) I have used my 90 macro so little, mostly due to the f/4 combined with longer focal length, so maybe it will be the same for me.
Well it is me, but that was exactly my situation with the macro --- loved the size, loved the closer focus ability, but hated the f4 aperture and in the end never used because of that. I will add that while I still don't use the 90 focal a lot, I use my 90AA more often than I did the macro. And when I do use the 90AA, I am usually shooting it wide or f2.8 specifically to isolate the background...

IMO and FWIW only,

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Jack: The Arnold Arboretum is owned and run by Harvard University, and it's located in the Jamaica Plain section of Boston.
Thanks for that info --- I'll have to check it out next time I'm in Boston.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

John:

I think the shot works, but would like to see more shadow detail and more contrast --- maybe bump the exposure in the raw to let the windows blow, but at the same time pull up the shadows?

Here is my two-minute rework of your jpeg above, and obviously working the raw would be a lot better, but what do you think of the effect?

johnastovall

much nicer, I'm alway worried about blowing highlights. I'll go back and play some more with it.

Thanks for the suggestion...