The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Re: More and more fun with M8 images

Thanks everyone for the kind words on the milkweed. Very glad you like it.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Jack - the processing really fits seamlessly with the moment you captured.

Tim - Superb!

irakly

this image is so silly! every time i look at it, a stupid smile invades my otherwise intelligently looking face.
m8, 1.4/35

Nitnaros

Well, Irakly, that means you always have a certain thought or memories when you look at her, don't you?

She is beautiful; her look reminds me on the Polish students at the University Vienna (back in the good old 80-ies...).

Peter

Terry

I spent 10 working years in the building on your second picture. Dangerous neighborhood to work in way too much high end shopping.

Nitnaros

Thank You for all the noise, at 2500, Leica...
Today, on one of our lakes;

was a little bit annoyed that my DMR has to visit Leica-NJ; thought going out with the M8 and 75-lux is a good cure.

Image seems to run off a canvas this way.

Pete

Nitnaros

And one more;
back into more civilized territory of ISo 640.

I am really not a flower guy, I have to say, but I like painting them with the lux; don't even know how that flower is called, to be honest...

Pete

HansAlbert

The image pulls the trigger "surreal" in the sense that it exhibits three main items (tights, young woman, cycling boy) without obvious connection so that we are provoked to associate silly ideas and to extemporise far-fetched stories. Yet everything looks realistic and trivial ad nauseam. But her so what? look draws the photographer in the scene and creates new dynamic; she seems to think: "I couldn't care less whether you idiot enframe me together with household chore and raising of children." And at the same time she exhibits her "wannabe model pose". The cycling boy, the other dynamic element, is priceless. A grotesque mixture.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

I spent 10 working years in the building on your second picture. Dangerous neighborhood to work in way too much high end shopping.
But it is more than 20 blocks from B&H :ROTFL:
-bob

HansAlbert

don't tell me about polish students, it tears my heart apart! here is one for you :)
There was once a girl to unveil
what weighs the most for a male.
As a daughter of Eve
she came to perceive:
"I really don't need here my scale."

ecliffordsmith

Hi Tim,

Nice tones and composition.

What with your fairground ride shot and now this you must be pretty fast!