The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

jonoslack

Re: More and more fun with M8 images

Yeah, I'm already getting some of that attitude. I'm definitely toast. I need to hire a full-time chaperon :scry:
Yes, that'll be fine - daughter's are easy to control, you won't have any problems. . . . . . . .

I know, my three boys bring them home all the time, pretty, charming, underdressed :ROTFL:

robsteve

Subscriber

Last weekend I was away with some friends shooting some fall colours. Most of my shots were taken with the DMR. This was shot with the M8 and WATE.

jonoslack

Hi There
My upgraded M8 only just arrived before it got dark - so I had to rush out and grab a couple of shots before the sun set:

woodyspedden

Jono

I really admire the work you do at sunset using silhouettes of people to contrast with the brighter but pretty environs. I especially liked the one of your daughter on her horse.

Keep up the great work and continue to have fun.

Woody

jonoslack

Jono

I really admire the work you do at sunset using silhouettes of people to contrast with the brighter but pretty environs. I especially liked the one of your daughter on her horse.

Keep up the great work and continue to have fun.

Woody
Ah! Woody, you couldn't have said anything better. I don't have a daughter, but I do have a wife :) She is a child bride (6 weeks younger than me).

Thank you

jonoslack

. . . and the verdict is?
Ah! well, I'm not certain yet, but:
1. it's quieter
2. I no longer have a scratched LCD (it seems like the whole back has been replaced).
3. The vulcanite was worth it.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Of all the beautiful shots you've posted here, that first pic of your dog might just be my favorite. I know, sounds crazy, but I think it's wonderful. :thumbup:

kevin

What am I missing here? This last page of images look like straight-from-the-camera digital snapshots. They look like they could have been shot with any number of P&S cameras...very ordinary looking. :confused:

jonoslack

What am I missing here? This last page of images look like straight-from-the-camera digital snapshots. They look like they could have been shot with any number of P&S cameras...very ordinary looking. :confused:
Sorry Kevin - my fault - that's all they are.
First shots from returned M8 - exciting, but not worth polluting your bandwidth. I apologise.

jonoslack

Of all the beautiful shots you've posted here, that first pic of your dog might just be my favorite. I know, sounds crazy, but I think it's wonderful. :thumbup:
Thank you - I liked it as well (Kevin didn't!)

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Hi Kevin,

This thread is fairly light-hearted, and just a chance for M8 users to have fun and share images together. There's no claim that these are portfolio-quality shots.

Just enjoy them. As the thread title indicates, have more and more fun with the M8 :)

Mike

kevin

I was looking for something that might illustrate how the camera had been "upgraded." Too literal minded, I guess. :salute:

jonoslack

I was looking for something that might illustrate how the camera had been "upgraded." Too literal minded, I guess. :salute:
HI Kevin
I quite understand (actually, I'm partial to the Dog shot), but it's hard to post pictures to indicate a quieter shutter!

I'll try not to be too hurt :eek:
:)

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Jono,
The dog apparently has not noticed the shutter release sound as he is looking somewhere else. Clever use of a rabbit perhaps? :ROTFL:
-bob

Last edited:

woodyspedden

Bob

I hope you meant "clever" instead of cleaver otherwise the rabbit may totally panic and refuse you a shot! LOL

Woody

HansAlbert

Great shot or not, it's in a way a typical Jono Slack. Stress is laid on the simplicity of the image as a whole; shape and pose of the dog are dominant, and between heaven and earth there is nothing distracting from the statue-like appearance. We see an individual dog, but we are made to think of THE dog. Jono obviously has a sense for detecting scenes that are appropriate to be associated or seen as depictions of "archetypes" – collectively acquired patterns in the human soul that are passed on through the generations and that are time and again depicted anew. Touching them lightly might be one explanation for the impact of his photos on me and why I like them.