The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

robsteve

Subscriber
Re: Fun time / M8 images

Did I, Rob ?? Stupid me, I do that all the time....:( Yes I know, but I like the blur, I think it would have been too static without it. (rationalizing?, maybe...;))
The problem with colour space these days is one or two of the Mac browsers are colour space aware, so people using those browsers never notice that they forgot to convert to sRGB.

Is there a colour space aware browser for Windows?

jaapv

Subscriber Member

No the blur works here. I like it , just squat about a 6 inches down to pick up the 2 kids heads or tilted up in the Background and i think it would have been perfect.
I can pick them up, I have a wider crop. I'll post it tonight. In sRGB :rolleyes:.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Great love to see it. I like this image a lot. let's get it in the Gallery too when you finish. Love to see more images in the Gallery folks also. Please use and abuse the server, I do. LOL

jaapv

Subscriber Member

Something like this , Guy?
I'd love to put it in the gallery but I have quality difficulties. I put that in the processing section.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

I like this shot Jaap! Yes, there is motion, but it doesn't bother me. The color and processing are spot on --- not too saturated, great skin-tones. Kudos ;)

Guy Mancuso

Yes much better crop. Okay now want to send me the raw file and let me do my magic.:D

use www.yousendit.com my newest e-mail is [email protected] , Pretty cool . We actually look like we know what we are doing around here. Thank God for Jack and Andy. LOL

jaapv

Subscriber Member

Thanks Jack. It took me three tries and a nudge from Guy, but yes, I like it myself.

Guy Mancuso

Well this is a teaching forum and that is the forum module. :)

Besides i love this stuff. Most fun i have had in my career has been the workshops.

Guy Mancuso

Downloading now just want to adjust a few things for you and than send big tiff file to you

P

PaulMayeux

Fun along the road over Thanksgiving with the M8 (first with 24/2.8 ASPH and other two with 35'lux ASPH)

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...

I shot a piece today for a regional magazine on world famous Texas Saddle maker Wendy Allen. Here she is showing the passion she has as she talks about her craft. (Yes, that is her hair color, not the Leica.) I plan to go back an do an extend folio on her making a saddle but the rest of today's shooting was with a Canon 5D and lights (I hate lights). I told her for that I would bring the little camera and no lights. This was the M8, CV 50/1.5 f/2.8 ISO640.

D

dudedog

Hi all. Just joined, thought I'd join the fun and see if I can attach a file.

This is a shot in downtown San Francisco... M-8, 90/2. I love this lens. I'm fairly new to the M-8 and love it as well.

Well, here goes... :)

George

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Hi George, and nice first post! Love the compositional elements in this shot; and am left wondering if the man in the shadows is looking at the sphere or the flag...

Very nice!

D

dudedog

... am left wondering if the man in the shadows is looking at the sphere or the flag...
Or perhaps the bottle of Vodka! LOL

jlm

Workshop Member

some of my wackier work here in NYC; in the shop and finally on 5th ave