The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

gero

Re: More and more fun with M8 images

Neil, it was a reflexion foto from her, but now that you mention it, it could have been taken by a 4th person (which makes it cool). I am just the guy on the back trying to fegure out how to carry the computer while my doughter is having fun with my camera. Thanks for the complements, I'll have to tell her you guys liked it; I agree with you.:)
Gero,thats a beautiful shot,I thought it was taken as a reflection by the girl holding the camera,she has great timing.The pp is very very nice,shots like this keep the digital flame a possibility,........all the best,Neil.

Last edited:

jonoslack

Black and White . . .

or colour?

I always know whether a shot is destined for colour or black and white when I shoot. When I took this, I actually intended both versions. The structure of the picture certainly lends itself to b&w, whereas the colours are worthwhile on their own.

One of the joys of digital is that you don't have to make a decision about this.

cam

I always know whether a shot is destined for colour or black and white when I shoot. When I took this, I actually intended both versions. The structure of the picture certainly lends itself to b&w, whereas the colours are worthwhile on their own.

One of the joys of digital is that you don't have to make a decision about this.
congratulations! you put me in a place i rarely find myself.... i actually prefer the colour :eek:

ecliffordsmith

Hi Jono,

My first impression was for B&W but with a little consideration was no longer sure. As you say, we are very lucky to be able to choose.

jonoslack

HI Ed
I want to go to Antwerp docks! It looks like a fabulous place.

HI Cam
congratulations! you put me in a place i rarely find myself.... i actually prefer the colour :eek:
How about this one then - this was intended for colour . . . but actually I think the black and white probably works better:

This was take with the WATE, the other one with the summicron 75

helenhill

HI Ed
LOVE the Moon/Star shot...FAB

Jono
I actually prefer the Eggs in B&W
& a Hard Call for the Fleurs /like them both for different reasons

cam

How about this one then - this was intended for colour . . . but actually I think the black and white probably works better
no doubt about it -- black and while all the way! it has a delicacy and etherealness whereas the colour almost looks garish.

jonoslack

no doubt about it -- black and while all the way! it has a delicacy and etherealness whereas the colour almost looks garish.
Well, I agree, but of course, they were MEANT to be garish (I like garish!).

stevem8

Jono, B&W on this one does it for me, same with the Egg shot.

Yea, I chose a silver M8 this time around!

How about this one then - this was intended for colour . . . but actually I think the black and white probably works better:

This was take with the WATE, the other one with the summicron 75[/QUOTE]

Terry

Jono -
Both work in B&W but I like both in color better. The eggs because of the variety of colors which are lost in the B&W and the flowers because you've conveyed more than just the lovely light but the purple tones without blowing them out and making them look harsh in anyway (the one caveat is that some may like the B&W because the purple flowers with the red vase might not be their favorite combo).

jonoslack

HI Ed
LOVE the Moon/Star shot...FAB

Jono
I actually prefer the Eggs in B&W
& a Hard Call for the Fleurs /like them both for different reasons
Hi Helen
the reason for posting them really was that in each case I think they work in both ways - even though they are very different.

Talking of very different
Here is Blue breaking the ice:

what he won't do to have a swim!

jonoslack

Jono -
Both work in B&W but I like both in color better. The eggs because of the variety of colors which are lost in the B&W and the flowers because you've conveyed more than just the lovely light but the purple tones without blowing them out and making them look harsh in anyway (the one caveat is that some may like the B&W because the purple flowers with the red vase might not be their favorite combo).
HI Terry
Ah! are you saying our colour combination isn't subtle :ROTFL::ROTFL:
I tell you what, you really would laugh if you saw me taking these flower shots, lying on the floor with the camera on the ground, and the dog's nose in my ear!

ecliffordsmith

Hi Helen,

Thank you very much!

Jono,

The whole port area north of central Antwerp is very interesting. Especially on the weekend as it is almost deserted. There is a nice combination of urban renewal and wasteland.

Here are a few more ...

ecliffordsmith

Jono,

The first picture of your dog is lovely!

I prefer the colour version of the flowers, I think!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

What a bunch of very nice images to wake up to on Sunday. Thanks for posting everyone.

Ed: I especially like the tones in your last set, dark without being muddy. Well done!