The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Terry

Re: More and more fun with M8 images

Ed,
It feels cold over there! I'm enjoying a Calif winter!
My two favorites are the building #2 (with the asymetric roof) and there is something about Hangar 26. I think I like the very structured vertical wood planks with the organic branches of the tree in front.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Black and White . . .

or colour?

I always know whether a shot is destined for colour or black and white when I shoot. When I took this, I actually intended both versions. The structure of the picture certainly lends itself to b&w, whereas the colours are worthwhile on their own.

One of the joys of digital is that you don't have to make a decision about this.
I love this shot in color. I think this is a case where color really shines.:thumbup:

ecliffordsmith

Hi Tim,

Thank you very much!

Terry,

Again thanks! It is quite cold here at the moment.

So what is a Calif winter, around about a European summer ???

ecliffordsmith

Jono,

Thanks, that is interesting. I did punch those last few up a bit more. Something for me to bear in mind.

Terry,

Ok, now I am jealous!

Lloyd

Black and White . . .

or colour?

I always know whether a shot is destined for colour or black and white when I shoot. When I took this, I actually intended both versions. The structure of the picture certainly lends itself to b&w, whereas the colours are worthwhile on their own.

One of the joys of digital is that you don't have to make a decision about this.
I'm the same, and often shoot with the M8 set for B/W jpg and color DNG. I like the review image in B/W. Wonderful to have the choice. That said, I think I prefer the color here. Very nice.:thumbup:

Lloyd

HI Ed
I want to go to Antwerp docks! It looks like a fabulous place.

HI Cam

How about this one then - this was intended for colour . . . but actually I think the black and white probably works better:

This was take with the WATE, the other one with the summicron 75
I'm with you here. I think the B/W is great.

Lloyd

Entertaining myself while shopping with my wife. VC 35/1.2 Nokton:

ecliffordsmith

Lloyd,

Very nice indeed. This seems like a very interesting lens. I like the high contrast processing in this photograph.

Lloyd

Lloyd,

Very nice indeed. This seems like a very interesting lens. I like the high contrast processing in this photograph.
Ed,

Thank you. I really enjoy this lens, despite the fact that it's certainly not a lightweight. Very wonderful way of drawing. I've had four different 35mm lenses for the Leica, and have kept this one when others came and went. I love the 35/1.4 Lux ASPH, and have the 35 Summicron version IV (love the size and bokeh, and the...), but even though I've thought a few times of selling the VC Nokton, each time I shoot with it I realize there's something special about it that I'm not ready to give up.

C

Cancelledreality

Black and White . . .

or colour?

I like the color best. It shows the different colors of the eggs, the b&w misses that.
Nice work.

C

Cancelledreality

Hi Ed, great series. Docks are always a fun place to visit.