The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

DavidE

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

A very nice photograph. I know the airport and you have really captured the feel of it. Very good use of the wide angle lens in my opinion too.
Thanks, Ed. I'm having a lot of fun with the 18mm. I don't want to take it off of the camera.

I really like your photos of New York, especially the last one, which is both abstract and representational.

ecliffordsmith

Mike/Lloyd/David,

Thank you very much for the comments.

Jlm,

Thanks for the additional information regarding the former GE building at 570 Lexington avenue. It is also a truly remarkable building.

ecliffordsmith

Hi All,

Here are a couple from a walk here in Antwerp this morning that made me smile. M8 and Summicron 35 ASPH.

ecliffordsmith

Hi Lloyd,

Thanks!

I have to confess to being a sucker with anything to do with dogs though. I live in a city centre appartment and am gone for more than 12 hours a day during the week so cannot provide the environment a dog requires at the moment but one day ...

LJL

Well, maybe not so new, but thought to post a couple anyway. Found these in an old folder when I was looking for some stuff to add to my Web site rebuild.

The B/W of a church on Galveston Island was an early shot with the CV15 lens....with a bit of perspective correction in post. The skyscraper (Cevron-Texaco building) in downtown Houston was an early test of the Zeiss 25/2.8 lens early on a Sunday morning or something.

View attachment 16359

View attachment 16360

LJ

Lloyd

Well, maybe not so new, but thought to post a couple anyway. Found these in an old folder when I was looking for some stuff to add to my Web site rebuild.

The B/W of a church on Galveston Island was an early shot with the CV15 lens....with a bit of perspective correction in post. The skyscraper (Cevron-Texaco building) in downtown Houston was an early test of the Zeiss 25/2.8 lens early on a Sunday morning or something.

View attachment 16359

View attachment 16360

LJ
Very nice. I really like the conversion on that church shot. And that Zeiss 25 flat rocks!!:thumbup:

LJL

Very nice. I really like the conversion on that church shot. And that Zeiss 25 flat rocks!!:thumbup:
Thanks, Lloyd. Yeah, the Zeiss is a keeper in my book. The thing that keeps striking me about the M8 files is just how wonderful they are to work with. The church shot held details that blew me away, no matter what kind of filtering technique I used to render sky and stuff the way I wanted it to look. Fun stuff, and that CV15 is still the best wide bang for the buck, as long as you can shoot it at f8 and up.

LJ

LJL

One more I found in a folder when I was testing out the 75/2.

LJ

ecliffordsmith

LJ,

Very nice photographs. I agree with Lloyd regarding the processing of the church. Wonderful.

LJL

LJ,

Very nice photographs. I agree with Lloyd regarding the processing of the church. Wonderful.
Ed,
Thanks for the kind words. The church shot has surprised me a bit also. As I recall, it went through C1 for RAW conversion, then PS for perspective adjustment, before getting some creative B/W filter work applied in Aperture.

LJ

JimCollum

Went on an Open Architecture tour here in Santa Cruz... carried the M8 and 21 pre-asph

leif e

Even more fun with Leica film images

Couldn´t find the old thread, so ... I´ll take a beating if I´m wrong.

There´s a contest for everything! My granddaughter and youngest daughter competing in cheek-pumping.

M4-P, ZM 2/35, TriX and curious lighting.:D
leif e

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Re: Even more fun with Leica film images

Admin note: Leif, no beating but I did merge your new thread with the existing M image thread. We'll start a new one once we hit 1000 or so posts in this one.

The M and B&W is simply a match made in heaven. Great images folks!

skimmel

i'm so glad you're enjoying it! i just wish i could see your image?

i'm in an absolute conundrum of what my next lens is going to be.... i'm still not happy with my handle on the M8 (i honestly never thought a camera could be so lovely and brutal -- all at the same time). i need to be more comfortable with it to really make an informed decision.

it's fascinating me, however, to see the basic draw of a particular lens as it goes from the R-D1 to the M8 to the M2.

my three favourite lenses, in this regard, have been the 21/3.4 Super Angulon, the Nocti, and the 75 Lux.... however, i finally pulled out my first purchased lens, a 50 Lux pre-asph (very early v.2) and was completely blown away with the way it rendered on the M8. sharp but gentle, with an ethereal quality that is so distinct.

i realise us M8 users are, sigh, becoming extinct here. luckily, there are a few hanging on and a few others like myself that are new and loving it.

i am thinking about starting separate Fun w/M8 at distinct focal lengths so people can easily see differences between lenses at lengths they're considering. for example:
12-18mm
21mm
24/25mm
35-40mm
50mm
75mm
85/90mm
105-135mm

is this too spread out? what are other peoples thoughts on this?
Hi, I'm new to this forum and catching up on reading lots of its excellent threads.

I'm wondering: did the plan above ever come to fruition? (I searched but didn't see anything on it but might have missed it).

Thanks.