The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

DavidE

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

I used the processing from the last batch of Vegas shots and applied it to some Los Angeles images from late March. All were shot with the 28 cron from an open-air tour bus. Focusing was a challenge because the bus didn't stop except for stop lights or heavy traffic. It was my first trip with the Leica, so I was also still getting used to the focus mechanism.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member

Hi David,

I really like the 'Stay Glamorous' image ... it's a nice catch.

Kurt

ecliffordsmith

David,

Excellent photographs and thanks for the info on the viewfinder; I wear glasses too and while I do not have a 28 or 24 mm lens looking at the framelines would be quite hard for me to.

f 10

M8 1,4/75 @ 1,4
I love this lens

Last edited:

Lloyd

Yes. Easy to love that lens when you get such impressive results. Nicely done.

f 10

That isolation via DOF is truly impressive. And yes, although they certainly can exhibit some "personality" at times, very beautiful.:thumbup:
she is really a wonderful child

Lloyd

This Japanese Maple overhangs my front porch, and I need to trim it back a bit. Went out to take a look this morning, and the light was so wonderful I had to take a couple of shots. Here's one.

CV 90 APO Lanthar, wide open:
View attachment 16511

Last edited:

DavidE

This Japanese Maple overhangs my front porch, and I need to trim it back a bit. Went out to take a look this morning, and the light was so wonderful I had to take a couple of shots. Here's one.

CV 90 APO Lanthar, wide open:
Nice one, Lloyd. I didn't think I would ever buy a longer lens for my Leica. I may have to rethink that. It's a beautiful shot. Do you use a magnifier with the 90mm?

Here are some more from the LA-area bus tour back in March. You can see the bus reflected in the window of the first image. The focus is off on the second one, but I like it anyway.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

Lloyd

Nice one, Lloyd. I didn't think I would ever buy a longer lens for my Leica. I may have to rethink that. It's a beautiful shot. Do you use a magnifier with the 90mm?

Here are some more from the LA-area bus tour back in March. You can see the bus reflected in the window of the first image. The focus is off on the second one, but I like it anyway.
More nice work... I really like your conversions.

Thanks for the comments. I do have a 1.25 magnifier, but in truth, I don't always take the time to put it on, and didn't here. I was of the same mindset originally, as well, and never used anything longer than a 50mm on my Leicas. However, I've really enjoyed both my 90 and my 75mm lenses. Wonderful bokeh, great for portraits and landscapes as well. I have used a number of lenses in these focal lengths, and keep coming back to the CV 90, which isn't fast at only 3.5, but the results have made it a keeper. Same for the CV 75/2.5 Heliar. Such a great lens, and the only 75 I've used which I prefer is the 75 lux, although it's no contest when it comes to size. The Lux is huge, and the CV is tiny, plus you could buy 10 of the CV for the price of a used Lux. Work a look for sure.

LJL

David, F1.0, Lloyd, and others,
You folks are getting some really nice shots and wonderful B/W conversions on things with all of your cameras and lenses. Really like some of the contrasts and stuff in the conversions.

Found an older shot I had taken with the Noctilux BEFORE I was able to get it into proper shape with respect to focus. It was hit or miss back then, but I think I have it worked out a bit now.

LJ
View attachment 16517

Lloyd

David, F1.0, Lloyd, and others,
You folks are getting some really nice shots and wonderful B/W conversions on things with all of your cameras and lenses. Really like some of the contrasts and stuff in the conversions.

Found an older shot I had taken with the Noctilux BEFORE I was able to get it into proper shape with respect to focus. It was hit or miss back then, but I think I have it worked out a bit now.

LJ
View attachment 16517
Spot on here. Nice b/w too. Lovely portrait.